Since 1970, Diane von Furstenberg has been designing women's fashion. Her designs often include feminine flair, bold silhouettes, strong colors, and crisp prints. One of her most well-known pieces is the wrap dress, but she also creates a variety of other clothing, swimwear, and accessory styles.What is the Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress?
Diane von Furstenberg created her signature wrap dress in 1972. In its most traditional style, it is a silk jersey dress with long sleeves that ties around the front of the waist and flares out to the knee. This design has been preserved in the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Collection.What types of fashion does DVF design?
The Diane von Furstenberg signature collections include the following types of clothing and accessories for women.
- Dresses: Diane von Furstenberg mostly creates dresses. These dresses range from casual sundresses to gowns for more formal affairs.
- Tops: The many styles of tops created by the brand include silk blouses, knit sweaters, basic tees, and lightweight tank tops.
- Bottoms: You can find skirts, shorts, pants, rompers, and jumpsuits in the Diane von Furstenberg collections.
- Outerwear: Outerwear options include blazers for work, weatherproof jackets, and stylish coats. Diane von Furstenberg includes fur elements in many of her jackets and coats.
- Shoes: The brand offers a variety of shoes like sandals, boots, high heels, flats, and more.
- Handbags: Designer purses are available in small clutch sizes or large tote bag sizes.
The majority of Diane von Furstenberg designs are dresses, so the company has many different styles for you to choose from, a few of which are described below:
- Wrap dress: Whether you want a maxi dress, a mini dress, a tank dress, or a long sleeved dress, Diane von Furstenberg has options for you. Most are made from a silk jersey knit.
- Work dress: The brand offers a variety of professional sheath, sweater, and tailored dress options to choose from. The professional dresses are all midi-dress length or longer.
- Shirt dress: The casual shirt dresses are available in both t-shirt and button-down styles.
- Cocktail dress: Cocktail gowns made of silk and other elegant fabrics feature elaborate details like sequins, ruched edges, and fringe.
- Evening dress: For formal occasions, the company also creates floor-length formal dress designs.