Enjoy a Day Out on a Cruiser Motorcycle
Considered an All-American type of bike, the cruiser is a classic motorcycle style that companies like Kawasaki have manufactured since the 1930's. They're multipurpose bikes with a distinct look that many riders feel a sense of nostalgia for, and eBay offers a wealth of listed cruisers at varying price points in conditions from new to gently used to antique collector's items.Features of a Cruiser Motorcycle
So, how can you tell the difference between a cruiser and other types of bikes, such as a chopper, a touring motorcycle, or a sportster? As it turns out, cruisers have features and a specific look that sets them apart from other two-wheeler types.
- Low seat - One of the hallmarks of the cruiser is a lowered seat. When you see a rider on a cruiser, they're not hunched over or tense; they look relaxed and laid-back. The low seat height is essentially the most recognizable trait of this type of cycle.
- Space - A cruiser is roomy. That's one of the things that makes them a bike you can use for numerous purposes, whether it's a day trip or a week-long vacation. There's plenty of space for another passenger as well as a saddlebag to stow your stuff.
- Size - Not known for their compact size and shape, a cruiser motorcycle makes its presence known. Features like oversized handlebars and the width of the bike adds comfort and accents the "cool" factor that many movies associate with these types of cycles.
Some expert riders consider cruisers an entry-level bike. This is because it's a bit simpler to learn how to control, is ergonomic, and the spaciousness puts first-time riders at ease. Many brands create their own version of this infamous cycle ranging from Moto and Honda to Triumph, Indian, and Royal Enfield and many in between. A luxurious BMW bike will turn heads.
- You can't discuss motorcycles without bringing up Harley-Davidson, and when it comes to this specific style of bike, the brand offers up models that include the Softail line, which is the most well-known model in this category.
- Yamaha makes their mark on the motorcycle industry with its luxurious Star and V-Star designs, which sport a V-twin engine and a retro design but with fully modern features.
- Select a Suzuki Boulevard ride and enjoy a powerful engine and the sound that only a cruiser machine can make.
Some riders already have a brand preference in mind, while some are all about aesthetics or features. You may want a vintage '50s cycle or an all new take on the classic design of this old-fashioned ride.
- Consider suspension. For paved roads, smooth shocks create a comfortable ride that's simply unbeatable. A model with a higher cc number, which denotes how large the engine is, may offer a more powerful bike.
- Think about enhancements. Do you want a model with modern conveniences, such as a GPS, or are you going for a more vintage vibe?
- Look at the way the bike looks. Are you into drag bars, inverted forks, oversized fins? Looks could sway your purchasing decision.
Content is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by brands mentioned above.