Computer Monitor Stands
Computer monitor stands are necessary for comfortable viewing during long work periods. When a computer display is properly mounted on a stand, it can be adjusted to the viewer's eye level to maintain a healthy working environment. A computer monitor stand, whether mounted on the wall or sitting flat on a desk, can help you be more productive.What types of computer monitor stands are there?
There are many different types of wall-mounted or desktop computer monitor stands. The main difference between both of them is their maneuverability.
- A wall-mounted monitor stand generally maximizes your desk space and lets you adjust the height and angle of the screen to your liking.
- A desktop monitor stand generally raises the display to your eye level, making it more comfortable to work while you sit.
Not all monitor stands are created equal; features you should look for include:
- Construction quality and materials: Look for aluminum or solid steel.
- Load capacity: Make sure your monitor will fit and can be supported by the stand you're shopping for.
- Range of movement: Check to see how far you can swivel or tilt the stand for an optimal angle.
VESA is a group of standards as defined by the Video Electronics Standards Association for mounting flat-panel monitors, TVs, and other screens. It's the name given for the interface used to mount this equipment safely. It refers to the arrangement of screw holes on the mount for successful mounting on a wall.What are reasons to buy monitor arms or desktop arms?
Monitor arms offer several health benefits and can help make your workspace more comfortable. These include:
- Reduced eye and neck strain since the desktop display is not in a fixed position.
- Versatility for finding an optimum tilt level.
- Cleared desk space and reduced clutter.
- Suitability for adjustable height desks, including standing desks.
Monitor arms are also excellent choices for dual monitor setups.Are additional accessories needed with a monitor stand or mount?
Yes, especially if it is going to be a standing workstation. A keyboard tray may be useful to keep the keyboard and mouse at the correct height for your hands and to create an ergonomic work area for looking at the screen. Especially at a standing station, this will help minimize the strain on your body.
If you normally sit at a desk, mounting your monitor onto a wall or keeping it on a stand makes more room for a keyboard and other accessories. It also improves ergonomics.