Computer Keyboards & Keypads
Keyboards and keypads are two of the most fundamental computing peripherals. With the rise of computers in every aspect of life, the means of inputting information have multiplied. Whether you are looking for a standard wired or wireless keyboard or a keyboard designed for a specific kind of user (such as a gaming keyboard), there are many options to choose from.
What are the Different Types of Computer Keyboards?
When shopping for a new keyboard, there are many factors to consider. Here are a few to help you narrow your choices:
- Wired or wireless: While many prefer the ease of a wireless keyboard, it should be noted that older Apple and Windows computers may not be compatible with the standard Bluetooth technology required, and wireless keyboards often take batteries that will need recharging/replacing. Wired keyboards usually connect via USB.
- Standard, ergonomic, or gaming: If you have suffered from wrist pain, or anticipate spending many hours typing, you may want to consider an ergonomic model over the standard rectangular design. These keyboards split the normal QWERTY layout into two halves, usually with raised areas that help the hands rest in a more natural position. If you are an avid gamer, a gaming keyboard has additional function keys and is often backlit.
- Mini: Mini keyboards are small, wireless keyboards that are useful for interacting with game consoles, tablets, smartphones, and smart TVs, as well as computers and laptops.
- Backlit: These keyboards feature illuminated keys, useful for those who play games or watch movies.
- Trackpads and numeric keypads: Extended keyboards with these features are available. A built-in trackpad means you do not have to purchase an additional mouse, which in turn reduces desk clutter. Numeric keypads are useful for anyone who does accounting, bookkeeping, and coding.
Why Choose a Gaming Keyboard?
Many serious gamers prefer to use keyboards rather than controllers, and keyboard manufacturers have catered to the audience by adding features they like, including:
- Backlit keys: People sometimes turn off the lights when gaming, so backlit keys are a nice convenience.
- Resilient keys. All keys look the same to the layman, but gamers know there are differences in the mechanics that affect durability. You have options like mechanical keys and membrane keys to consider.
- Waterproofing. Mistakes are made in the heat of battle. Many gaming keyboards have rubber or other materials to make them waterproof, or water-resistant, so a spill doesn't take you out of the game.
What are the Other Keys on a Keyboard?
Besides the alphanumeric keys, computer keyboards also feature arrow keys to move a cursor or pointer, function keys that activate various aspects of your computer, and dedicated buttons for deleting, ejecting disks and drives, changing volume and brightness, and more. In addition, typing combinations can further command your computer to perform tasks. These vary depending on whether you are using an Apple, Windows, or Chrome device, and the complexity of your keyboard.
Certified Refurbished Keyboards & Keypads on eBay
Looking for a smart way to save on a keyboard or keypad? eBay Refurbished products arrive in like-new condition, including all instruction manuals, accessories, and packaging, and are often available at significant savings over buying new. You'll also get a 2-year warranty and 30-day return/replacement policy that starts when you receive the item. Sellers are held to our highest standards of customer service and monitored to ensure they're hitting key eBay metrics.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.