Collectible Lamy Fountain Pens
Writing with a fountain pen from Lamy allows you to create handwritten calligraphy for greeting cards, signs, and other projects. Lamy pens come in a variety of styles and designs. They are considered collectibles by some who enjoy writing with a fountain pen. Whether you are a pen collector, a writer, or someone who wants to try your hand at calligraphy, Lamy pens may be worth considering.What are the reasons to use a fountain pen?
Here are a few reasons to use these pens:
- Lifestyle: Those who love using fountain pens may appreciate them as lifestyle statements. When not in use, they can be displayed to decorate your desk.
- Reusable: Lamy Safari fountain pens are reusable, allowing you to reduce the amount of waste caused by using disposable pens. You can even use a converter with some models to refill your Lamy Safari ink cartridges in order to cut down on waste.
- Expression: A Lamy Safari can be used by talented people to create artwork for themselves or others.
- Handwriting practice: Writing with a Lamy Safari can be done slowly to practice writing by hand more clearly.
Fountain pens from Lamy USA have three main components:
- Nib: The nib of the fountain pen is the piece you use to write with. Most nibs are made from stainless steel, although some fountain pens from Lamy may have a nib made from gold.
- Cartridge: The cartridge on a fountain pen holds the ink. When the cartridge runs out, you can simply take it out and install a new one.
- Converter: These components allow you to draw ink out of a bottle to refill a cartridge. Some fountain pens from Lamy come with a converter, while others do not.
There are several features to consider, including:
- Nib Type: A nib is placed on the tip of a pen. They come in a variety of different styles and shapes. Some tips are larger, allowing you to create bolder text. Other tips are smaller and produce an extra-fine line. The nib tips can also be shaped differently, creating different writing styles, such as cursive or italic.
- Body Design: Pens from Lamy USA have bodies that come in different sizes and hefts. If you plan to write with your collectible pen, you want its body to properly match the size of your hand. Further, the heft can play a role in how comfortable the pen is to hold. Some enjoy using heavier pens, while others like lighter ones.
- Material: The majority of pens from Lamy are made of plastic or some type of metal. Plastic and aluminum pens, like the Safari pen from Lamy, are lighter, while pens made from steel or brass have more heft.