Essential Features to Look for in an iPhone 7 Plus Replacement Screen
With its all-glass front screen, dropping your iPhone 7 Plus could lead to cracks and scratches. If your screen breaks, it doesn’t mean that you need a new phone — an iPhone 7 Plus LCD screen replacement might solve the problem. Since the screen is such a crucial part of the phone, it’s important to know what to look for in a replacement on eBay.Essential things to look for in a replacement iPhone 7 Plus screen
When you’re looking for an affordable replacement screen on eBay, look out for the following features:
- Touch capability: Most of the iPhone 7 Plus functions are controlled by the touchscreen; when you’re shopping for a new screen, make sure that it includes the LCD and the touch assembly as a single unit.
- Retina technology: The iPhone 7 Plus LCD screen that came with the original Apple device was made with the brand’s Retina high-definition technology. To ensure the same performance, make sure that your replacement screen is also a 5.5-inch Retina display.
- Connectors: The iPhone 7 Plus screen uses a digitizer cable with two separate connectors. Compare the replacement screen’s connectors to your device to make sure you’re getting the correct match. Keep in mind that while the iPhone 6 Plus screen is the same size, it uses different connectors — make sure to get a model that’s 7 Plus-specific.
Before you buy an iPhone 7 Plus LCD, it’s important to find out what components are included. Some of the items to look for include:
- Home button: Some replacement screens come with a home button; others simply have a hole that fits your iPhone’s original home button. If your device has a cracked or damaged button, it’s important to find a screen that includes a replacement button.
- Frame: The edge of the iPhone 7 Plus screen is reinforced by a slim frame that matches the color of the case. As you’re looking for a new one, make sure the frame is the same shade as the back cover of your phone.
- Tools: Some iPhone 7 Plus screen replacements come with repair tools
Some of the replacement screens you find on eBay are used models; these products can be cheaper than new models, particularly when it comes to Apple-branded parts. Before you buy a used part, ensure that it’s completely free of scratches or cracks, as they can affect the functionality of the touchscreen. Then, ensure that the screen has the correct cables for the iPhone 7 Plus. If it’s working and in pristine condition, you can usually buy a used screen with confidence.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.