Find a Canon Rebel Digital Camera
Whether you're in the market for a new digital camera or you're a first-time buyer, Canon is a reliable brand to consider. Digital cameras like the Rebel can be a good fit for both hobbyists and professional photographers. You can find the right camera for your photographic needs, whether it's nature photography, documenting a sporting event, or replacing a professional studio camera.How does a digital camera work?
A digital camera is a portable device that captures images and saves them in a digital format. These cameras have largely replaced traditional film cameras. They use electronic photosensors that produce pixel-based image files in formats like JPEG or TIFF, and they often double as camcorders capable of taking short videos. The technology was first developed for use in space probes to capture and transmit images back to Earth. Nikon introduced the first digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) camera in 1986, but digital cameras didn't become common for the consumer market until the late 1990s.What types of digital cameras are there?
The digital camera market has a wide variety of cameras designed for different users in mind. They can be divided into six basic categories:
- Point-and-shoot cameras: These are cameras designed to be small and simple to use for people who are not photographers but want to capture pictures at events or while traveling. Some have optical zooms that can reach 23x, but they are designed for shooting up-close subjects.
- Superzoom point-and-shoot cameras: Superzoom cameras have the added capability to take pictures of distant subjects, making them suitable for nature photography or sporting events. Their maximum zoom can range between 23x to 83x.
- Waterproof point-and-shoot cameras: Another specialty type you can find are waterproof cameras that can be used underwater. Some can be used at depths up to 50 feet.
- Advanced point-and-shoot cameras: These cameras don't have detachable lenses, but they do have many features you'd expect from a professional camera. They give you manual control over various photographic variables, save images in the RAW file format preferred for editing, and have hot-shoe mounts for flash attachments.
- Mirrorless cameras: These cameras have detachable lenses like professional SLRs, but they lack through-the-lens viewfinders. Some are designed with photosensors the size of 35mm film frames for high-resolution shots.
- Single-lens reflex cameras: SLRs are the standard for professional photography with detachable lenses and through-the-lens viewfinders that use mirrors to display the shot exactly as it will be captured.
Canon makes digital cameras that fit the needs of most buyers. Here are some popular models available here:
- Rebel SL2 DSLR Camera
- Rebel T3i DSLR Camera
- Rebel T6i DSLR Camera
- Rebel T7i DSLR Camera