What Are Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Video Games?
You'll most likely never get to wade through the forest brandishing a weapon and completing missions during the Cold War, but playing Call of Duty: Black Ops can simulate that exact scenario. The Call of Duty: Black Ops series of games falls into the category of first-person shooter games, and these PC games take place during wartime and have a military theme.
What Are Some Things to Know About These Games?
Created by Activision, the first title in the series came out in 2010 for multiple gaming platforms, including a PC version. In the time since it's become a prominent title in the gaming industry.
- Black Ops is the successor to Modern Warfare 2: Call of Duty. This is part of a series of first-person action games that offers varied tactical and combat settings and locations, including the jungle.
- You can play a single-player campaign, or you can play multiplayer mode. There is also an online co-op mode and an online multiplayer mode.
- Black Ops takes its inspiration from some of the real experiences that soldiers had during the Cold War. It's meant to provide a realistic view of combat scenarios, and as such, it contains some level of violence. As a result, the game is rated MA, which means it's appropriate for players age 15 and up.
Which Black Ops Titles Are Available?
In the Black Ops series, there are only three titles, but there are nine in the entire Call of Duty series. They are all first-person shooter games, and they're all set during a specific wartime.
- The first game in the Black Ops series is simply titled Call of Duty: Black Ops. It's the seventh in the Call of Duty series altogether and takes place during the Cold War, offering a combination of gameplay that includes action and different scenarios. There are weapons that are accurate for the era, such as crossbows with exploding tips.
- The follow-up is Call of Duty: Black Ops II, which allows you to play as some of the same characters as the first title while including new characters too. This game came out in 2012 and has an exciting new storyline and a single-player campaign as well as multiplayer options and special missions.
- The last game in the Black Ops trilogy is Call of Duty: Black Ops III. This game brought things to a new level with a zombie storyline. This game also allows new movements and modes, such as jumping through windows, sliding, and handling weapons with ease. It's set in the future and still includes a military theme.
What's the Plot and Objective of the Games?
Though gameplay is largely combat-based and involves weapons and completing missions, there's a storyline involved and an end objective in the titles.
- Your character is a soldier named Alex Mason, and your objective is to shoot or take out enemies using different weapons.
- You can switch out characters or gameplay perspectives as you go along to complete missions.
- Your objective is to figure out who the spies are and bring them down via infiltrating the enemies and killing the villains.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with brands mentioned above.