Chevrolet Cobalt Bumpers
The bumpers on your Chevrolet Cobalt play an important role in keeping your engine and the other components under the vehicle's hood safe. If your front or back bumper is significantly damaged, it's important to find a replacement.What types of bumpers are available for the Chevrolet Cobalt?
Different types of bumpers have features that provide protection against certain types of impacts. Understanding the different options can be helpful when you need to select a replacement for your Cobalt.
- Standard bumpers are those that are installed by the factory. These parts consist of a reinforcing beam that holds the bumper in place, plastic or foam that absorbs impact, and a front piece called a fascia that covers the bumper and is designed for appearance.
- Custom bumpers can provide additional safety features. Some are made from a solid piece of metal to hold it in place. These bumpers can also have additional features such as bumper guards and grilles that provide protection. One advantage of custom bumpers is that lighting components can be integrated into the design.
Manufacturers use various materials in the construction of bumpers. Different materials offer different benefits.
- Aluminum bumpers are lightweight and help to reduce fuel consumption. Furthermore, the material used can be recycled when you need to replace it.
- Carbon fiber bumpers feature a lightweight design that is quite durable. These bumpers can also be painted so that they can match the appearance of your Chevrolet Cobalt.
- As a heavier option, steel bumpers are strong in construction. Some will actually be a mixture of steel with other metals to reduce weight.
- Fiberglass bumpers are both durable and lightweight. While it can crack on impact, fiberglass is easily repaired.
With so many options available, selecting a bumper may seem difficult. Following these guidelines can be helpful when you need to make a selection.
- Choose a bumper that is compatible with your vehicle. You will want to know the make, model, and year of the car. Many manufacturers will customize the appearance of the bumper so that it matches only a specific model.
- Choose a style. You have the option of selecting from a range of materials and appearances that can customize the look of your car.
- Choose a brand. There are different options if you want to choose from OEM products or third-party replacements.
When you need to select a replacement bumper, you have different companies to choose from. If you want to find an OEM replacement, you will want to select from General Motors and Chevrolet. You can also choose from Dorman, Keystone, and other companies that produce aftermarket options.