Building and Hardware Supplies
Whether you are a building contractor or a homeowner who likes to be prepared for small home repairs, there are many types of building and hardware supplies that can come in handy. Keeping certain building items for the times when you will need them is a practical and thrifty way to stay prepared. You can find much of what you need on eBay when you search for cost-effective, used building supplies, and you will save money while gaining necessary items.
Common building supplies
Any materials and objects used in building, such as doors and door hardware, windows and window hardware, garage doors and openers, and many other similar items can be considered as building supplies. However, not everyone is going to use every building object. There are basic building supplies that many people will use at some point in time for various building projects. These are some common building supplies you may want to keep on hand:
- Flooring - Flooring can be tiles, sheets, or boards, and the flooring can be made of materials like laminates, wood, ceramics, and vinyl.
- Lumber - There are myriad uses for different sizes of cut pieces of wood.
- Molding - Molding is the inside trim that is placed flush alongside the edges of the walls.
- Paint and stains - Paint and stains are used to cover and protect surfaces.
- Roofing shingles - Roofs are made with many different types of materials, of which shingles is a predominant type.
- Doors - Doors come in different styles, shapes, and sizes and are used inside and outside a building.
- Windows - Windows are usually comprised of both the window frame and the glass panes.
What hardware supplies are good to keep stocked?
It is convenient to keep certain hardware and other building helps within handy reach. You may want to keep these types of building hardware supplies in stock:
- Nails, screws, nuts, and bolts
- Fasteners and rivets
- Drill bits
- Glues and cements
- Light bulbs
What hardware do you need for interior and exterior doors?
While doors can come with some existing hardware, most often you will need to get basic hardware to insert the door and also to add your own features. Some hardware items you may want to acquire for your door are hinges, bolts, handles, locks, deadbolts, knobs, nameplates, pulls, and kickplates.