Having a well-maintained braking system is important for automotive safety. Brembo is one of the world’s largest brake manufacturers and has been making brake components for street and racing use for over 50 years. The corporation produces disc brake calipers, rotors, pads, and other brake components.
What kind of braking systems do they make?
Brembo makes original equipment parts for automakers, so some vehicles already have them installed. They manufacture aftermarket replacement calipers, pads, and rotors as well. Brembo Brakes also produces disc brakes for sports cars, professional racing, and even F1.
How do you choose Brembo braking system components?
Brembo has brakes available for many models of cars and for different types of driving. Here are the different types of disc brake systems they manufacture:
- Original Equipment: These are disc brakes found on brand-new cars and are installed in the factory. Automakers choose Brembo Brakes to manufacture calipers, rotors, and pads they use in their economy, luxury, and sports models. Since Brembo made the original parts, there are replacements available.
- Aftermarket Replacements: Brembo manufactures spare rotors, pads, and calipers for many vehicles. These are identical replacements for those initially installed in the factory. Rotors, pads, and calipers are all maintenance items that need replacement at regular intervals.
- Sport Brake Pads: These brake pads are made with a friction material that allows for increased temperatures while braking under hard driving conditions. As the first level upgrade, these pads are designed for use on the street and to fit in factory calipers, like original replacements.
- Sport Discs: Rotors designed for hard driving applications on the street. The rotors come in either drilled or slotted variations.
- Turismo Discs: A line of floating brake rotors designed for hard driving on the street and track. The rotor is made from high carbon cast iron while the hat is made from billet aluminum. Turismo Line discs come in drilled or slotted varieties and work with standard calipers and wheels.
What brake kits do they make for racing use?
The company produces two sports brake systems for use on the street and track:
- GT Brake System: Components designed for braking under normal driving and heavy track use. These kits include cross-drilled or slotted rotors, aluminum brake calipers, performance pads, metal-braided hoses, and quality mounting hardware. The brake calipers come painted in a choice of red, black, or silver. Mounting this package might require new wheels to fit the larger brakes.
- GT-R Brake System: Automotive disc brakes designed for all driving conditions, including full-time racing use. This kit includes aluminum brake calipers, two-piece floating discs, brake pads available in a range of friction materials and hardware. The calipers are milled from a single billet of aluminum. Due to increased brake size, these might need larger diameter wheels to fit.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Brembo.