When selecting a boat cover, it is important to find one that will fit all your needs. The right boat cover for you will depend on your boat model, location of storage, and other unique needs. Select a cover that is durable and will last for many years.Why is it important to use a cover?
Boat covers offer protection from many things that could damage your boat over the years. Covers prevent scratching, water damage, and fading that can accumulate throughout the years if the boat was left uncovered. They also keep out bugs and animals.How do you select a boat cover?
Selecting the right cover depends on the make, size, and other considerations about the make of the craft. Boat covers are often made for specific makes and years. Some covers are designed to fit multiple makes, models, and years. Universal covers are made for nearly all boat makes and years. Use the following tips to help choose your boat cover.
- Style: Determine whether you want a cover that is designed for a specific kind of boat, multiple boats, or nearly all boats.
- Material: Consider what kind of material you need your cover to have. Some fabrics for boat covers include cotton, mixed blends, polyester, and acrylic.
- Size: Select the correct size to fit your boat using the dimensions offered for both the boat and the cover.
- Use: Consider how you will use the cover. Determine whether you will use it for tailoring, mooring, or storage.
There are many varieties of boat covers that come with unique features including color. Depending on the brand you purchase from, there will be an array of color choices. Some common color choices include blue, grey, white, and green. While there are other selections, these three colors are the most commonly sold.What different kinds of boat covers are available?
There are three main varieties of covers, and they are the following:
- Universal: These covers are generally created for most all boat types. They are frequently called tarp, and the fit tends to be relatively lose.
- Semi-Custom: These covers are designed to fit multiple boats of similar size. The fit tends to be slightly loser than custom covers.
- Custom: These covers are specifically designed to fit the make and model of your boat and tend to fit snug.