Beds & Bed Frames
When it's time to go to sleep, you want a bed that is comfortable and secure in order to feel rested in the morning. Because the bed frame holds your mattress, it is one of the most essential pieces of furniture when it comes to your bedroom. The frames come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and types to choose from.What types of bed frames are there?
While there are many different types of beds and bed frames available, there are five that you may come across:
- Adjustable: These metal bed frames come with an adjustable base that is easy to move wherever you need it. When you add the box spring and mattress, the adjustable base and the frame are covered.
- Canopy: These beds feature four long posts at the corners and a frame at the top. You can attach a curtain to the frames to provide you with additional comfort, security, and privacy.
- Captain: This type of bed frame includes drawers under the base that can be used for storage. These are usually designed for children and teenagers; thus, they most often come in twin or full sizes.
- Platform: These beds are low to the ground and do not need a box spring. They have a contemporary look and come in a variety of sizes.
- Bunk: These bed frames have two beds stacked one on top of the other. To get to the top bed to sleep, there is usually a ladder attached to the frame.
When it comes to bed sizes, you want a frame that fits in your bedroom. There are six sizes that frames and mattresses can come in:
- Twin: Twin frames are 39 inches in width and 75 inches in length.
- Full: Frames designed for full-sized mattresses are 54 inches in width and 75 inches in length.
- Queen: Queen frames are 60 inches in width and 80 inches in length.
- California Queen: Like the regular queen frames, these bed frames measure 60 inches in width. However, they are 84 inches in width.
- King: King-sized mattresses measure 76 inches in width and 80 inches in width.
- California King: These frames are also 76 inches in width but are 84 inches in length.
- Mobility: Some furniture is more movable than others. If you need a frame that you can move as needed, you may want one that has wheels.
- Decor: Like other bedroom furniture, bed frames come in a variety of styles and finishes. It should complement your other bedroom furniture.
- Available space: If you have a large space, a larger bed may be more desired. If you have a smaller space, consider getting a smaller frame. Make sure there is enough room for the headboard.