Bathroom Supplies and Accessories
The bathroom is a frequently used space in the home. It is also a place where you can decorate to create a calm, relaxing atmosphere. The key is to find the right bathroom accessories to pull together the look you want while still keeping the space completely functional.
What types of bathroom accessories are available?
There are many accessories available for your bathroom. Some of the décor and storage items people use for bathrooms include soap dishes, towel bars, and toothbrush holders. A shower curtain is an accessory that can completely change the look or decorative theme of the bathroom.
- You can find matching accessories such as floor mats and toilet covers to create a consistent look.
- Baskets can be good options to store items you don't want to leave sitting out.
- Paint, flooring, and lighting options can pull together the look you want with your accessories being the main focal points of your design.
How should you arrange bathroom accessories?
The way that you arrange your bathroom accessories will depend on how much space you have in your bathroom and how many of your personal items you want to be visible. You can choose to hide everything or find the right supplies to let you leave them all out in the open while still maintaining an organized look and feel in the bathroom.
- If you want your décor to provide a clean look and not feel cluttered, you can use items that help you to store towels, brushes, and more out of sight.
- A brush holder and other supplies can be stored away to keep the counter space and floor clear.
- Spaces that have a linen closet can maximize storage space for extra toiletries, towels, brush holders, and cleaning supplies.
How do you clean bathroom accessories?
Just like it is important to clean the shower, counter space, toilet, and floors of your bathroom, it's also important to clean your supplies and storage items. You can do this in a variety of ways.
- You can clean many of your shower and bathroom supplies with warm water and mild cleaning products, then use a towel to dry.
- You can clean some items, like toothbrush and soap holders, in the dishwasher if they’re marked as dishwasher safe.
- Most shower curtains and bathmats can be tossed into the washing machine and then air dried. Bathmats can often be machine dried.
- Some decorative items may need gentler cleaning depending on the material they are made from and whether they are coated or painted on the outside.