Put Your Baby to Sleep in a Bassinet or Cradle
Babies need a lot of sleep, and if you want to keep your little one safe and comfortable, consider getting a bassinet or cradle. There are many versions of eBay baby bassinets available. Read over the following information before making a decision on what will be right for your family.What features should you look for in eBay bassinets?
Whether you're going with a new or used bassinet, you'll want to consider ones that have these features:
- Adjustable legs: This lets you raise or lower the cradle so that you can comfortably lift up and put down your baby. If you'd like to place the bassinet near your bed, the adjustable feature will let you set it up at the corresponding level.
- Drop-down side: If you're putting it next to your bed, you may want to opt for a bassinet with a side that can be dropped down. For instance, the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper has a side that can be lowered so that you can more easily comfort your baby.
- Canopy: Some models, like the Bliss Sweetli Deluxe Bassinet, have a canopy that partially covers the bassinet. This can provide a bit more privacy and/or block out light and distractions.
- Mobile attachment: A few products come with mobiles that can entertain your baby.
There are several types of new and used baby bassinets that have electronic components. These usually involve one or more of the following:
- Vibration: A soothing vibration can help a baby calm down. Some models, like the HALO bassinet Premiere Swivel Sleeper, have two vibration levels to choose from.
- Rocking: If your baby prefers rocking rather than vibrations, there are bassinets that can do that, too.
- Music: You'll likely find bassinets on eBay that can play lullabies. Some, like the used Snoos for sale, can play white noise.
- Nightlight: Nightlights not only help some babies feel better at night, but they can also be valuable to parents attempting to change diapers and do other things in dark rooms.
To make sure little ones are safe as they rest, manufacturers have built in numerous safety features on bassinets, including cheap bassinets. They may include:
- Non-slip feet
- Sturdy frames
- Mesh sides to promote air flow
- Soft padding around the frame
Part of the appeal of a bassinet is that it's portable. If you need to transport your bassinet frequently, look for one that's either very lightweight or is designed for travel, such as the Ingenuity Foldaway Rocking Bassinet or the Fisher-Price On-the-Go Baby Dome. Those will typically have (a):
- Four wheels
- Foldable construction
- Carrying case