Audio Player Docks and Mini Speakers
Playing music becomes a lot more enjoyable when paired with a good set of speakers, and speakers don't necessarily have to be huge to give you a satisfying experience. Audio player docks and mini speakers are good tools in a music lover's arsenal. Whether for a personal dance session in the bedroom or jamming at a small scale party, these portable speakers allow you to blast your music anywhere.
What is an audio player dock?
Audio player docks are charging stations that can also play music and function as a pair of speakers. Basic units only have this charging and playback function, but advanced versions may have additional features like an incorporated radio, alarm functionality, or CD playback. Units with more features tend to be larger and heavier, and some of these larger docks even allow charging of tablets. For on-the-go charging to accompany music playback, an audio player dock is a good addition to one's entertainment device list.
What are some features you can find on mini speakers?
On a basic level, mini speakers function just like regular speakers, but are much smaller in size and therefore have a limited volume and projection capacity. However, different kinds of mini speakers have different features, such as:
- Bluetooth connectivity - this feature allows wireless playback through Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet, which can come in handy in situations that require you to be mobile.
- Waterproof bodies - For those who love to play music by the beach or pool, having a waterproof pair of speakers can offer an additional layer of protection in case your speaker ends up in the water.
- Rechargeable battery - Many mini speakers are powered by regular batteries, which can be a pain to change and are also environmentally-unfriendly. Mini speakers with a rechargeable battery helps eliminate those drawbacks.
- Remote control inclusion - this feature is perfect for those who really don't like to move from their spot after they have set up their music listening session and are already comfortable. Also. it's good to have one handy when you are soaking in the bath and need to adjust something on your speaker.
- Super bass - For those who live for the thumping of bass in the air, opting for speakers with super bass capability is apt. This feature is also suitable for late night house parties to get everyone on the dance floor.
These are only some of the many features you may come across when shopping for mini speakers, so take your time browsing through what's available.
What are some well-known audio player docks and mini speakers?
Some popular brands for audio player docks and mini speakers include Bose, JBL, Beats by Dre, Apple, Logitech, Samsung, and Ultimate Ears. Within each brand, there are many hot-selling models, so take your time to browse through them and see which one is the best fit for you. Just an important note that while most audio player docks are universal in nature, some support only either Apple or Android devices, so check the specifications before making your purchase.