The iPad Mini 2 Has Functionality and Portability
The Apple iPad Mini 2 is a tablet computer that was first released in November 2013. You can use a Mini 2 whether you're at school, home, or on-the-go and want access to apps, photos, and other data.What type of operating system does this iPad use?
The mini 2 comes with the iOS 7 operating system, and you have the choice of updating the system. The iPad Mini 2 can accept up to an iOS 11 system. Some of the differences are that the iOS 11 has:
- A combined lock screen and notification center
- An overhauled App Store
- A file manager app
- A unified control center
- An updated Siri, which can translate between languages
All of the iPad Mini 2s can connect wirelessly to the internet through Wi-Fi and a wireless local area network. They can also connect to devices via Bluetooth 4.0. Those with the designation "Wi-Fi + cellular" in their names are able to access a cellular network. If you do go with a tablet that has cellular capabilities, you'll have to link your iPad to an existing plan or set up a new one. You'll have the option of setting Wi-Fi connectivity as your default setting so that you don't use up your data. This is important if you have limited data as part of your plan.What are some features of the iPad Mini?
The features of the Apple iPad Mini 2 include more pixels for their camera, a FaceTime HD camera, and more. Here are additional features:
- System-on-chip: This system integrates all the components of the tablet. The Mini 2 runs a 64-bit A7 system.
- Motion processor: The Mini 2 uses an M7 motion processor. It compiles information from the compass, accelerometer, and gyroscope so that it can sense different types of motion.
- Home button: It has a circular home button at the base of the tablet. By pushing the button twice, you can access Siri, a voice-activated personal assistant.
- Camera: It has a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera. You can switch between the two when you take pictures, take video, or use FaceTime. The device utilizes iSight with a five-element lens, hybrid IR filter, and video stabilization. It is capable of face detection and has a f-2.4 aperture.
- Battery: The internal Li-Po battery of the iPad mini can last for approximately 10 hours before having to be recharged.
- Screen: The iPad screen measures 7.9 inches. It also has a Retina Display.
- Color: Options on the iPad include slate, space gray, and silver.