Essential Things to Know About the Apple Wi-Fi iPad
Tablets and other screen-only devices allow you to take your work with you when you need to be away from home. The Apple iPad with WiFi is a touch-screen tablet that offers a number of options when you need to stay productive while on the go.What versions of the Wi-Fi iPad are there?
Many versions of the Apple iPad are available with Wi-Fi. The company usually releases updated models of the different series every year. These include more powerful or more efficient hardware, though they are often functionally the same. However, there are some variations within each series. These differences include:
- iPad Pro: These Apple iPads with Wi-Fi feature either a 6-core 2.93 GHz 64-bit A10X processor, a dual-core 2.16 GHz 64-bit A9X processor, or a dual-core 2.26 GHz 64-bit A9X processor. The display size varies between 9.7 inches and 12.9 inches.
- iPad and iPad Air: Prior to 2017, the Apple iPad was called the iPad Air. Depending on the version, these devices had dual-core, tri-core, or quad-core Apple processors that ran at various speeds between 1.4 GHz and 2.34 GHz. All of these models were made with a 9.7-inch screen.
- iPad mini: These 7.9-inch devices have either a 1 GHz Dual-Core Apple A5 or a 1.29 GHz 64-bit Apple A7 processor.
The different versions of the Wi-Fi iPad are all configured slightly differently, with variations in their hardware. When looking for a portable device, you may want to consider:
- Model type: Some versions have additional features that are not available on base models. The larger models, such as the iPad Pro, may also weigh more than the iPad or the iPad mini.
- Storage: Storage can range from as little as that of the iPad mini 16 GB version to as much as that of the iPad Pro 512 GB version. The memory ranges from 512 MB RAM in the original iPad mini to 4 GB RAM in the iPad Pro and iPad Pro 2.
- iPad display size: If you just want a device that has a Wi-Fi connection, a smaller screen may meet your needs. If you plan to type documents or do other work, you may want to consider a larger screen.
- Color: The color options include silver, space gray, black, gold, rose gold, and white.
While all versions of the iPad have features that help you be productive, features may vary between models. Some of the possible ones include:
- Cameras: All iPads have front and rear cameras. The rear camera can have 5 MP to 12 MP, depending on the version.
- GPS: The 4G versions of the iPad Pro, iPad, and iPad mini have GPS capabilities.
- Bluetooth: The iPad mini has Bluetooth 4.0, while the iPad and iPad 4 series have version 4.2 capabilities. Like Wi-Fi, the effect of Bluetooth on battery life is negligible.
- Siri: The iPad Pro line has Siri, the virtual assistant that allows you to work hands-free.