Apple Desktops and All-in-One Computers
A desktop or all-in-one computer may be a great option for your home or office. If you dont need the mobility of a laptop, a desktop allows you to hook up everything for your online and offline computing and printing needs in one convenient location. A desktop system often includes larger processors, more RAM, and better display monitors than a laptop.What features do desktop computers have?
- Stationary setups on a table or desk usually include a larger monitor than a laptop or handheld device. A big, Retina Display helps you view and easily use different applications simultaneously for increased productivity.
- Desktop systems include speedy Intel processors, excellent graphics cards, and ample internal media storage drives that are all ready to go right out of the box. If you like to play games, edit videos, or process raw photos, then youll appreciate these powerful advantages.
- If you already own other Apple devices such as an iPhone, iPad, or a laptop like the MacBook, its a relatively simple process to get all your gear synced and working together with your new computer station.
- These systems also allow you to easily hook up accessories such as an HP printer, SuperDrive, additional Retina 4K or 5K monitors, or any other components you like without constantly fiddling with power cords and cable connections.
- With an all-in-one desktop computer, both the monitor and the processing hardware are included in a single, enclosed unit. The computer may be housed directly behind the display monitor or located in the base of the unit.
- All-in-one units are pretty much plug-and-play ready. Just attach a mouse and keyboard, and connect the monitor/computer unit to a power source, and your workstation is ready to go.
- iMac The Apple iMac is both a desktop and an all-in-one machine so the monitor, Intel processor, and other internal components are all housed in the same unit. Later models include large Retina screens up to 27 inches, an Intel multicore processor, Thunderbolt ports, and a 1TB or larger hard drive.
- iMac Pro This new Apple iMac Pro is a high-performance addition to the iMac product line. It includes extreme Intel core processing power along with enhanced graphics capabilities.
- Mac Pro The Mac Pro is a powerful stand-alone unit the company builds that is intended for heavy-duty processing.
- Mac Mini The Mac Mini offers a fast Intel core, solid graphics, and a small footprint.