Shop by Subject
Shop by Printing Year
Sell Your Textbooks Now
EXTRA 20% OFFFrom soli5418
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $20 OR MOREFrom goldielox1017
BUY 1, GET 1 AT 50% OFF (add 2 to cart)From thriftypages
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to cart)From jdewitt42478
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to cart)From treatsandantiques
BUY 1, GET 1 AT 50% OFF (add 2 to cart)From favoritesfulfillment
Hot This Week
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley Brand New Leather Bound Deluxe Collectible Gift$8.00Almost gone
- Holy Bible King James Version Gustave Dore Sealed Leather Bound Collectible Ed$20.00Almost gone
- The Complete Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft New Sealed Leather Bound Collectible Gift$20.00Almost gone
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne New Sealed Leather Bound Gift$9.00Almost gone
- Edgar Allan Poe Complete Tales & Poems Brand New Hardcover Usher Tell Tale Raven$19.993 left
- Weekly Playboy Japan 2017 10/16 Kiko Mizuhara 41 Pages w/ Big Poster New$18.995 left
- United States Pocket Constitution & Declaration Of Independence U.S.A Amendments$3.7544 sold
- Library Liquidation 100s Hundreds Books Your Choice Tarot Religion Novels$3.0023 sold
- lewis and clark the expedition$53.72
- High Quality Little Black Sambo Illustrated Paperback Book For Kids Children$7.67
- Global Gallery Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge 'London, England,$88.77Was: Previous Price$151.99
- midnight in garden of good & evil$16.67
- Dr Seuss's Sleep Book Hardcover – August 12, 1962$33.00
- Works of Klimt Trunk$179.49
- Easton Press MOSBY'S WAR REMINISCENCES SEALED$119.00
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Explore buying Guides
- How to Sell Your Vintage Books OnlineMany books have an entire history of their own and are more than just words written on a collection of pages. This history may lead book collectors and avid readers to ponder what their vintage or antique...
- Top 5 Most-popular First Edition BooksLiterature holds a very special place in culture and humanity, offering a new consciousness into certain events and stories that serves to offer a greater definition of life and all of the tragedies and...
- Top 10 Rare BooksCollecting rare books is a favorite pastime of the lover of literature as well as the antiques fan. For those people new to the world of rare books, finding and purchasing rare books may seem like a tall...
You May Also Like
Make an Offer
- Folio Society - THE BLUE FAIRY BOOK by Andrew Lang$59.95+$5.95 shippingMake Offer
- 1611 King James Bible - 400th Anniversary $60 Off!!$239.99Free shippingMake Offer
What Is the Best Way to Store Old Books and Manuscripts?
Properly storing old books and manuscripts helps keep them in their current condition and maintain their value. Begin by choosing the proper environment for the books and manuscripts, keeping them out of direct sunlight and away from moisture. The temperature should be steady, preferably somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit with good airflow to prevent mold. If you are going to display them on shelves, choose non-wood shelving such as glass, as wood can damage the paper and book bindings if it is not properly sealed with the right finish. Make sure to adequately space the books and manuscripts in storage to prevent overcrowding. Bookends work well for keeping texts upright and spaced, although very tall books and manuscripts should lay flat to protect to their bindings. Ideally, you should keep old books and manuscripts in protective boxes or sleeves made from acid-free materials.
Should You Repair Damaged Antique Books?
If an antique book is torn or damaged, then do not use glue or tape on the pages and bindings, as this can devalue it. You should also avoid treating leather bindings with oil; instead, consult a professional restoration technician.
What Is Deacidification Treatment in Relation to Antique Books?
Deacidification treatment extends the life of books made with acidic paper, which typically come from the late 19th through the early mid-20th century. Made from untreated wood pulp, the pages in these books release acids that yellow and deteriorate the paper. To halt this deterioration, experts employ deacidification treatments. There are spray-on products you can use at home, although taking antique books to a professional is also a good idea.