The Features of 4.4.X Kit Kat Android Tablets
Android tablets offering Kit Kat operating systems were designed to offer better memory management, able to function well on even 512MB of RAM. They provide an improved Google experience with upgraded Google Hangouts and more. They support cloud storage allowing you to save and open applications directly from the cloud.What types of 4.4.X Kit Kat Android tablets are available?
There are several Android tablets available including, but not limited to, the following features and options.
- Features: Options include Bluetooth, built-in front-facing camera, built-in rear-facing camera, file browsing, media player, MP3 player, touch screen, web browsers, e-reader, kid-friendly, and more.
- Storage Capacity: Choose from 512GB, 128GB, 64GB, 32GB, 16GB, 8GB, and 4GB.
- Hardware Connectivity: Options include Bluetooth, HDMI, micro-USB, Mini-USB, USB, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and USB-C.
- Internet Connectivity: Choose from Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G.
- Brands: Choose from Acer, ASUS, Indigi, Lenovo, Samsung, Amazon Fire, Huawei, Xgody, Yuntab, and more. There are also some unbranded options available.
- Caller ID: The caller ID function now offers integration with Google maps. When an unknown number calls, it is cross-checked against local area business numbers. It also prioritizes your contacts based on your habits.
- Closed-Captioning: Support for system-wide closed-captioning can be added in this version.
- Customizable Lock Screen: The lock screen in this version shows more than just widgets.
- Immersive Mode: In hiding everything but the app you're using, you can be fully immersed in your game, book, video, and more.
- Memory Management: Improvements made in this version were meant to help memory management behind the scenes and aid multi-tasking as well. It was also meant to help with fragmentation issues caused by so many Android devices running 4.x.
- On-board Sensors: For fitness lovers, this Android OS added sensors for step counting and detection. Without complex codes or algorithms, those striving for better health can use their device to access pedometer data.
- Printing on the Fly: Using Google Cloud Print, you can send jobs for print over cloud or wireless with compatible printers.
Google offers a great way to wipe a lost device to protect your information. They key to using this feature is that it must be enabled before you lose the device. To enable the feature, you need to navigate to the Google settings application and select Android Device Manager. Turn on the option to "Remotely Locate This Device" and "Allow Remote Lock And Factory Reset." Then, should the unthinkable happen, you can remotely factory reset your device.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Android.