Chrysler Pacifica A/C and Heater Controls
The air conditioning and heater controls allow the driver to adjust the temperature in the cabin of their Pacifica. These controls offer automatic operation that allows them to work as soon as the minivan's engine is running. These controls are available as a separate part for making updates or repairs to the heater or air conditioning system.What are the features of Pacifica A/C and heater controls?
Here is a summary of the prominent features:
- Liquid-crystal display: The electronic air conditioning and heater controls for the Chrysler minivan feature a liquid crystal display that is easy to see when you are driving at night. The analog controls have a back-lit display that gives a slight glow to the knobs for enhanced visibility.
- Dual-zone climate control: This type of air conditioning and heater control allows you to adjust the temperature of the front or rear of the vehicle separately. That feature allows passengers in different parts of the vehicle to enjoy a customized, comfortable experience.
- Ergonomic design: The heater and air conditioning controls feature an ergonomic design that makes it easy for you to adjust the temperature and speed of air flow to the front or rear of the car's cabin without having to take your eyes off the road.
Here are some things to consider:
- Choose a manufacturer: A Pacifica control panel for heating and air conditioning is available from the original equipment manufacturer and from after-market parts manufacturers. The other available brands include BWD Automotive, Dorman, Four Seasons, Mopar, Standard Motor Products, and Factory Automotive Distributors.
- Select the correct control panel for your model: Choose the proper part for the model year of your Pacifica and its trim level, such as Touring or Touring Plus. Different models of the Pacifica have different heater and A/C control panels.
- Choose the display and control type: Select the type of liquid crystal display, and then chose either push-button controls or knob controls.
It is important to install Chrysler's heating and air conditioning controls properly so that you can enjoy efficient comfort while you are in your car.
- To begin, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the faceplate and trim of the existing control panel.
- Remove the decoration panel. You may need to remove more screws to detach the center interior panel. These are wire-clamp screws.
- Remove the wires from the panel that controls the air intake and the air mix.
- Remove the e-rings and wire clamps from the wires.
- Release the left, right, and center tabs for the module.
- Remove the fan switch connector, climate control connector, and air conditioning connector.
- Install the new air conditioning and heater control panel, reconnecting the wires and reattaching the clamps and e-rings in the reverse order.
- After the module is connected, reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Test the controls.
- Once you are satisfied with their operation, attach the faceplate, and you're done.