What you need to know
Shop eligible streetwear $200+ from our ever-expanding list of top brands—including Supreme, BAPE, and Off-White.
Our team of streetwear experts brings deep brand and industry knowledge to make sure your next fit is the real deal.
With Authenticity Guarantee, every detail is inspected so you can put on the streetwear you love with confidence.
Authenticity Guarantee Service
What is Authenticity Guarantee?
eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee is a service designed to help buyers shop with confidence. Our expert authenticators physically inspect all eligible items before they are shipped to buyers.
How does Authenticity Guarantee work?
It’s easy! Browse and shop eBay’s listings with the “Authenticity Guarantee” badge. When you buy an eligible item, the seller ships the item directly to our team of qualified, professional authenticators. Our authenticators will thoroughly inspect and verify your item’s authenticity before it is shipped to you via three-day shipping paid for by eBay.
Will I be charged a fee for Authenticity Guarantee?
Nope! For a limited time, the Authenticity Guarantee is free as part of a service promotion. That means we'll cover all costs of authentication. Not bad, huh?
What items are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee?
Currently, Authenticity Guarantee is available for select apparel items within the following brands: Adidas, Aimé Leon Dore, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga, BAPE, Burberry, Cactus Plant Flea Market, Chrome Hearts, Comme Des Garcons, Dior, Eric Emanuel, Fendi, Fear of God, Givenchy, Gucci, Jordan, Kith, Louis Vuitton, Nike, Off-White, OVO, Palace, Palm Angels, Prada, Raf Simons, Rhude, Stone Island, Supreme, Versace, Vetements, and Visvim. Apparel items must be listed in the men’s or women’s clothing categories, in new or pre-owned condition. You can identify eligible items by looking for the blue Authenticity Guarantee check mark in the search results, as well as in the top right of the item page.
- Items specified as customized will not be authenticated. “Customized” is defined as garments that have been modified from their original state. Examples include garments with personalized elements, custom artwork, or any modifications that did not come with the original garment.
- We plan to add brands and models to our Authenticity Guarantee service over time. Check back for updates.
Only items purchased on eBay.com are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee. Authenticated clothing may be shipped to buyers in the United States, inclusive of PO boxes. Items can be shipped to buyer addresses when Puerto Rico is provided/entered as the state, but buyer addresses with Puerto Rico provided/entered as the country are not currently eligible for authenticated streetwear. Currently, authenticated streetwear cannot be shipped to any other locations, including unincorporated territories (incl. Guam, Virgin Islands, North Mariana Islands, American Samoa and Palau) and U.S. Armed Forces bases.
Miscategorized and/or customized items and “lot” listings will be forwarded on to you after a condition check but will not receive an authenticity check. Items that are sealed are not eligible for Authenticity Guarantee.
Are pre-owned streetwear apparel items eligible for the service?
What does “new with tags,” “new without tags,” “new with defects,” and “pre-owned” mean?
- “New with tags”: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item in the original packaging (such as the original bag) and/or with the original tags attached.
- “New without tags”: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item that is not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original bag). The original tags may not be attached.
- “New with defects”: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item. Possible cosmetic imperfections range from natural color variations to scuffs, cuts or nicks, hanging threads, or missing buttons that occasionally occur during the manufacturing or delivery process. The apparel may contain irregular or mismarked size tags. The item may be missing the original retail packaging materials (such as original box or tag). New factory seconds and/or new irregular items are not eligible for authentication. The original tags may or may not be attached. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.
- “Pre-owned”: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.
How do I know if the streetwear item I’m looking at is covered by eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee service?
The Authenticity Guarantee checkmark will be prominently displayed on eligible listings so that buyers can shop with complete confidence. Buyers are also able to shop all streetwear items that are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee here or by using the Authenticity Guarantee filter.
At checkout, why is my streetwear clothing item no longer eligible for Authenticity Guarantee?
Authenticated streetwear may be shipped to buyers in the United States inclusive of PO boxes. It is best practice for buyers shipping to Puerto Rico to include Puerto Rico or PR as the state in their delivery address, and not as the country. Currently, authenticated streetwear cannot be shipped to any other locations, including unincorporated territories (incl. Guam, Virgin Islands, North Mariana Islands, American Samoa and Palau) and U.S. Armed Forces bases.
What happens at the authenticator?
Upon receiving the streetwear clothing item, eBay’s authentication team first verifies that the contents are consistent with listing details.
Next, a multi-point, physical inspection is performed for authenticity. This process includes thorough physical inspection of the garment’s structure, materials, tags, and logos. The packaging and accessories are also reviewed for authenticity. Please note even if your streetwear clothing item is listed as “New with tags,” the item or the packaging may have minor flaws due to aging, manufacturing flaws, or defects that are uncontrollable by the seller.
Finally, an eBay Authenticity Guarantee QR tag is attached to the garment and programmed with the unique details of each product.
What is the eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag?
An eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag will be attached to each streetwear item once it has been verified by our authentication team. The Authenticity Guarantee tag is fastened to the garment and activated with our digital stamp of authenticity and customized with the product details. By scanning the QR tag with your smartphone, you will receive a prompt and be able to view the authenticity report of your streetwear item. The tag also makes it easy to re-list it in the future. In addition, the eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag must be attached to the item and untampered for the item to be eligible for a return.
Who is providing the authentication service?
eBay’s team of professionally trained authenticators inspect and verify each streetwear item utilizing detailed, physical inspection and advanced technical equipment in a state-of-the-art facility.
How long will the authentication process take? How long until I get my item?
After you purchase your eligible item, it is sent to eBay’s authentication team, who will inspect your item within two business days of receipt. Once authenticity is verified, the item will be shipped to you with three-day delivery.
How do I track the status of my item?
Tracking information will be uploaded on the Purchase History page where you’ll be able to follow your order and see exactly where it is in the authentication process. Once your item has been inspected, you will receive an order update via email with the next steps. Throughout the Authenticity Guarantee process you can check the View Order Details section for status updates.
Will I receive the original packaging with my purchase?
Yes, if the seller has included original packaging, all components will be sent to you.
What if the item does not pass authentication checks?
If the item’s authenticity cannot be verified or the item is not consistent with its listing, it will be returned to the seller and the buyer will be issued a full refund to their original payment method.
Why can’t I message the seller after I purchase my streetwear apparel item?
Messaging capability is turned off at the point of purchase, at which time your streetwear item is routed to our authentication facility and all tracking information and notifications are available on the eBay platform.
What should I do if I want to change or cancel my order?
You can request to cancel your order through the “Purchase History” page within an hour of purchase if the seller has not yet shipped the item. Unfortunately address changes cannot be accommodated at this time so please double check to make sure you’ve entered the correct address. Learn more about canceling your order.
Where is my item shipping to and why isn’t it my address?
Your streetwear item will first ship to eBay’s authentication center. Once the item is authenticated, it will be forwarded on to the address entered in checkout.
How can I track the progress of my purchase?
Tracking information will be uploaded on the “Purchase History” page where you’ll be able to track the shipment of your order and see exactly where it is in the authentication process.
Can I choose to not have my item authenticated?
Is Authenticity Guarantee associated with any brands sold on eBay?
No, the Authenticity Guarantee service is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the brands sold on eBay.
Can I return items purchased with Authenticity Guarantee?
Buyers can return an item if the seller accepts returns, as stated in the listing, and the return takes place within the seller’s return window. If the seller does not accept returns or the return is submitted outside the return window, this will be considered final sale and cannot be returned.
Are authenticated items protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee?
For authenticated items, eBay Money Back Guarantee only covers items returned within the seller’s return window and items that satisfy the eBay Money Back Guarantee eligibility requirements and are not received or that arrive damaged. Learn more about eBay Money Back Guarantee.
What is Final Sale?
eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee service thoroughly checks the item to confirm that what you receive is exactly what you ordered. If a seller does not accept returns or the return is submitted outside the return window, the item is considered final sale and cannot be returned. Sealed items that have been opened are considered final sale and cannot be returned.
How does the return process work?
If returns are offered on the listing of the item you purchased, the item will first be sent to eBay’s authentication team. Within two business days of receiving the item, the authenticator will verify the authenticity and condition of the returned item to confirm that it matches the item originally sent to you. In addition, the eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag must be attached to the item and untampered to be eligible for a return. Once verified by our authentication experts, it will be shipped to the seller and a refund will be processed. The seller’s return policy determines whether you or the seller pays for shipping costs back to the authenticator.
Why was the item sent back to me by the authenticator after I opened a return?
If the authenticator determines the returned item is not the same item, is not in the same condition, or the eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag has been tampered with or removed, it will be sent back to the Buyer.
The Authenticity Guarantee service for Streetwear (“Authenticity Guarantee” or “Authenticity Guarantee for Streetwear”) makes item inspection and authentication (the “Services”) mandatory for certain items sold on eBay.com. These Streetwear Guarantee Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the Authenticity Guarantee service for Streetwear and Eligible Items detailed below and sold or purchased on eBay.com, and set out the terms on which eBay offers you access to and use of the Authenticity Guarantee service for Streetwear.
- Applicability of eBay User Agreement. The eBay.com User Agreement, eBay's User Privacy Notice, and all policies posted on our sites (collectively, and as the same may be amended from time to time, “eBay's Policies”) apply in addition to these Terms. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and eBay's Policies, these Terms will control as to all matters that they explicitly address. For all matters not explicitly addressed by these Terms, eBay's Policies will control.
- Applicability of eBay's Money Back Guarantee. For authenticated items, eBay Money Back Guarantee only covers items returned within the seller’s return window and items that satisfy the eBay Money Back Guarantee eligibility requirements and are not received or that arrive damaged. If the seller does not accept returns or the return is opened outside of the stated return window, the item is considered “final sale” and cannot be returned. In the unlikely event that your item is damaged in transit, you must open a return request within 3 calendar days or, if the seller offers returns, within the seller's stated return window. Learn more about eBay Money Back Guarantee.
- Description of the Authenticity Guarantee Service. After the purchase of an Eligible Item (description in Section 6(a) below) on eBay.com, the item is shipped to our authentication team to carefully inspect the item for authenticity and accuracy against the item listing. Upon confirmation of the item by the authenticator, it is properly packaged and securely shipped to the buyer. If the item's authenticity cannot be verified or the item is significantly not as described, the item is returned to the seller and a refund is issued.
- Description of the Services. The Services are provided by eBay’s authentication team for Eligible Items purchased within the United States and delivered to the United States. Our Authenticators will inspect the item within two (2) business days of receipt at their facilities. This check will include inspection of the garment for authenticity and accuracy against the item listing.Items may also be photographed for use by eBay or its licensees as part of eBay's image catalog or for any other purpose, at eBay's exclusive discretion.By listing for sale or purchasing an Eligible Item, you acknowledge and agree that the Eligible Item will be sent to our authenticators to perform the Services. More information about the authentication and Services may be found here.
- Authenticity Guarantee Service Fees. The Services are provided at no cost to sellers and buyers for Eligible Items that are bought or sold on eBay.com; however, eBay reserves the right to institute, alter or amend fees or costs associated with the Services at any time, at eBay's sole discretion.
Item Eligibility. Only select listings on eBay.com are
eligible for the Service. eBay reserves the right at any time, in its
sole discretion, with or without notice to you, to alter or amend the
eligibility requirements for Eligible Items, including, but not limited
to category, and/or value of items and/or transactions.Check listings
for the “Authenticity Guarantee” blue check mark badge to
see if Eligible Items from a particular seller are included at this
time.Eligible Items in the
Men’s Clothing and Women’s Clothing
categories must satisfy the following conditions:
- Brands: Adidas, Aimé Leon Dore, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga, BAPE, Burberry, Cactus Plant Flea Market, Chrome Hearts, Comme Des Garcons, Dior, Eric Emanuel, Fendi, Fear of God, Givenchy, Gucci, Jordan, Kith, Louis Vuitton, Nike, Off-White, OVO, Palace, Palm Angels, Prada, Raf Simons, Rhude, Stone Island, Supreme, Versace, Vetements, and Visvim.
- Condition: New and pre-owned
- Category: Men’s Clothing, Women’s Clothing
The following items are not eligible for Authenticity Guarantee:
- Items not bearing the Authenticity Guarantee badge
- Men’s Clothing and Women’s Clothing listed in categories not named above
- Miscategorized items, e.g. other types of clothing listed in eligible categories.
- Modified garments
- Signed garments
- Sealed garments
- Items purchased using an offline payment method
- Listings that offer local pickup
- Items shipped to or from unincorporated territories (incl. Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands)
- Items shipped to Puerto Rico as a country
- Ineligible items will not be authenticated. eBay may refuse to accept ineligible items and is not responsible for storage, delivery, return, damage or loss of such items. eBay reserves the right to donate or otherwise dispose of such ineligible items in our sole and absolute discretion. eBay reserves the right to charge sellers for costs affiliated with processing miscategorized items or impose additional consequences, including account suspension when items are improperly routed to avoid Authenticity Guarantee.
- Country Eligibility. The Authenticity Guarantee service is not available for buyers in all countries. eBay reserves the right to expand or limit the countries eligible for Authenticity Guarantee or the Services at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Item Eligibility. Only select listings on eBay.com are eligible for the Service. eBay reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, to alter or amend the eligibility requirements for Eligible Items, including, but not limited to category, and/or value of items and/or transactions.Check listings for the “Authenticity Guarantee” blue check mark badge to see if Eligible Items from a particular seller are included at this time.Eligible Items in the Men’s Clothing and Women’s Clothing categories must satisfy the following conditions:
- Your Role as Seller. By listing an Eligible Item for sale on the eBay platform, you authorize its inspection by eBay’s authentication team subsequent to its purchase. Upon purchase, you are required to ship the Eligible Item, with appropriate insurance coverage, to a facility located within the United States, as directed by eBay. Items must be sent to the facility individually unless part of a multi-item order. If using an off platform label, The cost of shipping to the Authentication center is not covered by eBay. You acknowledge and agree that if the eBay authentication team cannot verify an item’s authenticity, a refund will be issued to the buyer and you shall cooperate with removing the item from marketplace circulation.
- Your Role as Buyer. By purchasing an Eligible Item on the eBay platform, you acknowledge and agree to inspection and photographing of the Eligible Item by the eBay authentication team prior to your receipt of the Eligible Item. In addition, if a return is requested, you acknowledge and agree to ship the Eligible Item with appropriate insurance coverage to eBay’s authenticator and to the inspection of the Eligible Item before the return is processed or a refund is issued. More information on returns under the Authenticity Guarantee can be found here.
- Circumvention of Buyer and Seller Requirements. If buyer or seller circumvent or do not comply with Sections 7.1 or 7.2 of these Terms, or if buyer or seller violate or are found to be non-compliant with the Terms, eBay reserves the right to take immediate action such as, but not limited to, account restriction or suspension and/or the transfer of fees and costs associated with Authenticity Guarantee.
- Impact of Fraud Detection on Buyers and Sellers. You acknowledge and agree that if our authenticator detects fraud or suspects that an item is counterfeit, the item may be removed from marketplace circulation. In addition, eBay will work with the proper authorities as needed and reserves the right to confiscate and destroy any items determined to be counterfeit.
- Data Privacy. eBay's collection of personal information in connection with the Authenticity Guarantee service is governed by the User Privacy Notice that applies to your use of the eBay.com website or, as applicable, another eBay international site. By selling or purchasing an Eligible Item, you direct eBay to provide this order information to its affiliates, service providers, and other third parties (such as shipping carriers and revenue authorities) as necessary to perform the Services.
- Lost, Damaged, or Items Not Delivered. Items that are lost or damaged during the Authenticity Guarantee process are covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, subject to the eBay Money Back Guarantee eligibility and guidelines. If a buyer or seller refuses to accept delivery of a package sent to his/her address on file or is otherwise unable to be reached, eBay will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact the buyer or seller and will consider the property abandoned after thirty (30) days. Once abandoned, the buyer or seller relinquishes all right, title, or interest in the item and authorizes eBay to dispense of the item as eBay sees fit.
- Service Updates and Discontinuation. eBay has the right, but not the obligation, to alter, amend, replace, suspend temporarily, and/or discontinue permanently, the Authenticity Guarantee service, the name of Authenticity Guarantee, any of the Services provided, features, and/or functionality offered under Authenticity Guarantee, and/or the service providers used to provide any or all of the Services under Authenticity Guarantee, at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you.