Sony PlayStation 3 Slim 160 GB Charcoal Black Console (CECH-2500A)
About this product
- Product DescriptionExplore a world where anything is possible with the Sony PlayStation 3 Slim in charcoal black. With over 1,000 games available, this best-selling console offers an epic gaming experience. Discover what it is like to hang from a ledge at the top of a mountain in the ‘Uncharted’ series or dive behind the wheels of race car with the ‘Need for Speed’ franchise. The PlayStation 3 Slim also comes with a 160GB internal hard dive, so you can store your favorite media files and downloaded content. Not just a gaming console, the unit seamlessly doubles as a Blu-ray player and media center. Watch your favorite Blu-ray discs or download and watch your favorite TV using the PlayStation network.
- Product NameSony PlayStation 3 Slim
- Product LineSony PlayStation
- Console ColorCharcoal Black
- Device Input SupportGame pad
- Video Color OutputColor
- Audio Output SupportStereo
Power & Battery
- Power Source TypesPower Supply - internal
- Height2.56 in.
- Weight7.05 lb
- Width11.42 in.
- Depth11.42 in.
- Supported MediaBD-ROM,CD-ROM,DVD-ROM
- Resolutions1920 x 1080
- Internet ConnectivityWired,Wireless
- Ram Capacity256 MB
- Region CodeJapan
- CPUCell Broadband Engine
- Memory Capacity256 MB
- Country RegionJapan
- Hard Drive Capacity160 GB
Most relevant reviews
- maschma_ysnndjiJun 22, 2016by
Best built PS3
Easy to use with streaming services like Netflix. Internet capable. Many games. Good graphics.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- amirh993Apr 29, 2011by
The Playstation is awesome! Smooth graphics, light controllers.
This Playstation was awesome! I enjoyed it's smooth gameplay, the light design of the console, and the light, wireless controllers. I don't play video games that much but when I did, on my very on Playstation, it was amazing. The graphics are drop-dead gorgeous on a nice HD-television, and if your internet connection is pretty good you're in video game heaven. The free online capability back when I owned this system was awesome! That was pretty much the deciding factor when I considered the Playstation from the beginning.
- sisleyekOct 18, 2013by
great product, easy to use with user-friendly interface. Fast setup and updates.
Also has a blu ray player built in which is cool.
I have used Xbox360 before and PS3 is better for gaming in my opinion but xbox had more internet apps.
Wireless controllers hold power for a long time, are ergonomic and intuitive to use.
- jimmiepierreJan 06, 2016by
why when I paid for expedited shipping on the first of the year did it take you until the 5th to send it i needed it for my nephews birthday on the 6th . well uncle showed up without a gift and promises the it will be in soon. I should be able to get my shipping partially returned due to inaccuracies in your ad.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- jewel_armySep 19, 2012by
Fast, efficient, Great Blue-Ray Player.
I had the Wii gaming system for 2 years and just gave it to my daughter. Most of the games were geared towards younger children and although they were fun I wanted something more adult orientated. I was also disappointed with the Wii motion controller when I used it with Tiger Woods Golf because it required an awkward grip to hit a hook. I purchased the PS3 with Move controller and 320GB hard drive and I love it! I also bought John Daly's Prostroke Golf game and it works great with these controllers. Now I can shift my feet and take a natural swing and stance to hook the ball around trees when needed. I also like the big hard drive because I can copy movies from my computer to it and play them on the TV. This system also streams my Netflix movies great and I don't have to pay a yearly subscription like I would have had to with an XBOX system. On the Playstation Network you can also download a ton of trial versions of games to try out before buying. A lot of these trials have a couple levels so there are a couple hours worth of playing for free on each one. The Blue Ray Player is a bonus to but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet although the DVD player works well. You can also share music on your computer through the PS3 to play on your surround sound if you have it. All in all it was a lot better value than the Wii and I would definitely buy it again.Read full review