Fudge: Superfudge by Judy Blume (1986, Paperback)
About this product
- SynopsisSometimes life in the Hatcher household is enough to make twelve-year-old Peter think about running away. His worst problem is still his younger brother, Fudge, who hasn't changed a bit since his crazy capers in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. If you ask Peter, Fudge is just an older and bigger pain. Then Peter learns that his mom is going to have a baby and the whole family is moving to Princeton for a year. It will be bad enough starting sixth grade in a strange place and going to the same school as Fudge. But Peter can imagine something even worse. How will he ever survive if the new baby is a carbon copy of Fudge?
- AuthorJudy Blume
- Number Of Pages176 pages
- Publication Date1986-06-01
- PublisherRandom House Children's Books
- Weight4.4 Oz
- Height0.5 In.
- Width5.1 In.
- Length7.6 In.
- GroupElementary/High School
- Grade From3
- Grade To7
- Age Range8 - 12
- Dewey Decimal813.54
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- 76lakeJan 02, 2009by
Superfudge by Judy Blume (1991) Guided Reading Set
I recently purchased a guided set of Superfudge books by Judy Blume. I'm a 4th grade teacher and read another book by Judy Blume, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, to my three classes. They loved it! They begged me to get a class set of the Superfudge books (the second book in the "Fudge" series). These books are great for 3rd and 4th graders and can hook even the most reluctant readers. I highly recommend both Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Superfudge.
- homeschoolmom0f...Nov 21, 2008by
kids love them!
i grew up on judy blume and thought my kids should have her books in their library. my six year old is extremely gifted and has been reading judy blume books since she was five. she loves judy blume books but right now she is drifting b ackwards to junie b. books, however when she saw these fudge books she squeeled with delight! and told me 'AFTER" she reads every junie b., she'll get back to judy blume. these books are timeless!
- daddyskeekelSep 01, 2006by
An all-time favorite!
I'll never forget the day this book finally came to the library...I had put my name on the waiting list well in advance to be one the first to read it! I wasn't disappointed. While the book drew many parallels with my own life (my mom was pregnant at the time it came out), it also speaks to many different kids on so many levels.
Superfudge is the second book about the Hatcher family. This time, though, Peter's world is turned upside down when he learns that his mom is expecting. Thinking that this kid will certainly be another Fudge (a troublemaker brother), Peter is ready to run away from his family. In addition, moving to a new home in the suburbs is enough to send Peter over the edge. In this story, Peter learns to cope with the many changes his family goes though, and he lives to tell about it.
Absolutely hilarious and a page turner---I never met a kid who didn't LOVE it! I HIGHLY recommend this book. Kids who don't like to read will even get into this one.Read full review
- kpfeil11Mar 01, 2016by
A little disappointed bc when I open the book, many pages fell out.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- jeremytm3174Dec 02, 2008by
this book is great , story about a boy and his life!
I love this book , because many kids fell the same way about life as he does. his little brother - Fudge loves peter bout when peters mom informs him their moving to the city , and his mom is pregnant- he doesnt like it that much
GREAT BOOK FOR YOUNG AND OLD