BlackBerry Storm2 9550 - 2GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone
Top Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
About this product
- Product InformationThe Blackberry Storm offers many of the features that makes smartphones indispensable, but it also surpasses them by offering more minutes of talk time per charge, and nearly 269 hours of standby time. This phone uses 3G technology and is Bluetooth compatible, which means that you can upload and download with very little interruption or lag time, plus pair it with a variety of wireless devices. The touch screen displays on this are easy to see, easy to navigate, and are extremely intuitive, even if you aren’t necessarily a tech-head. There’s no carrier, so choose the one that is right for you. This is a great phone if you want to be able to stay connected no matter where you are.
- Family LineBlackBerry Storm2
- Storage Capacity2GB
- Network Generation2G,3G
- Network TechnologyCDMA / EVDO Rev. A,GSM / GPRS / EDGE / HSPA / WCDMA (UMTS)
- BandGSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) UMTS/HSPA 2100 CDMA/Ev-Do Rev. A 800/1900
- Camera Resolution3.2MP
- ConnectivityMicro USB
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMicroSD,MicroSDHC
- Battery TypeLithium Ion
- Battery Capacity1400 mAh
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 300 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 305 hr
- Display TechnologyTFT LCD
- Screen Size3.2"
- Display Resolution480 x 360 pixels
- Color Depth16-bit (65000 colors)
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height4.43 in.
- Depth0.55 in.
- Width2.45 in.
- Weight5.64 oz
- Antenna TypeInternal
Most relevant reviews
- dcba31.2014Mar 08, 2015by
BlackBerry Storm2 9550: Simple, not high end but good cell for your parents
Why Smart Phone:
This is all personal preferences. Smart phones are the best choice now a days. You can get all kind of apps to take benefit of smart phone. Pay your bills, check your bank balance, free voice calls, Emails, text messages, pictures, videos are just few example. You don't have to turn on computer, sit and wait, you can do all in few clicks.
Smart Phones Platform:
I use iPhone, I use Android phones. Both are user friendly and navigation is super easy. Android phones are more fancy, more free stuff and intuitive. Apple is more about prestige and you pay for everything.
Blackberry is old school. They are poineer in market, corporate world offices, friends have simple text free services, chat work / friends group you can create. But these things are common and available on any platform now a days. What I like about them, if I have to gift cell phone, I will go for blackberry, very reasonable price. And they all have good features.
Example: Automobile. Any car will take you point A to point B. Whether Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, Mazda. They all does the same job. This is all about personal preference. Some people prefer to drive high end Mercedes some people prefer Suzuki, this is all about budget too.
Do I like BB Storm 9550? Simple answer is yes, I do. It does the same job.
I use iPhone 6 plus and Samsung Note 4 and Glaxy S5. Among them I prefer iPhone only. But this is personal choice you made. All phones does the same job.
Thanks.Read full review
- devices_eternit...May 24, 2016by
Just a temp phone, slow as heck, boot time is crazy slow, it's why I never mess with crapberries.. Just bought this phone for temp use.. No point in using the internet on this device it's super slow and waste of money.. Blackberry could learn a few things from Samsung and Apple and LG the top 3 on the market..
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- appiorileyJun 14, 2016by
Not user friendly
Texting is terrible on this phone because the keys don't respond to touch; you have to press down really hard on each key for it to be recognized, and sometimes they don't even work. This makes texting very frustrating. Not worth the money.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- pg-taliFeb 23, 2014by
UNSTABLE SCREEN -BLACKBERRY STORM2
I bought this phone and I am pretty impressed with its features but the problem is the screen is kind loose or is it the way storms are made.. the whole screen moves when you touch anything on the screen, unlike other touch screens the whole screen is steady and you can just tap or touch what you want and the screen will respond.. has anybody who has blackberry storm have the same problem.??
- siabezmMay 10, 2014by
Wonderful experience denied by failure to access Interenet
BBerry 9550storm 2, was a wonderful to know and exepeience in all operations but since mine is a verizon wireless purchase I am yet to (is it possible?) experience Internet services. I am based in Zambia nd I did request the American Seller on ebay to help get it activated for my use on local GSM mobile network (no CDMA in Zambia) but since he was not registered with Verison but AT and T (had bought it from someone else who was registered but can't be reached though the phone no. does show on one option on the phone). Need help explore more with Internet connection.