Good value100% agree
High quality100% agree
Easy to use100% agree
IM NEW TO SEWING AND EMBROIDERYING AND QUILTING AND I LOVE THIS MACHINE. IT DOES EVERYTHING AND EVEN MORE THAT ALOT OF PPL. DONT REALIZE. IVE DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH ON THIS MACHINE AND COULD NOT BELIEVE ALL THE THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH IT..ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT YOU CANT GO WRONG IF YOU BUY ONE. YOU WILL LOVE IT :)Read full review...
Verified purchase: Yes | Sold by: easyterms
Very easy to use!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: new | Sold by: morrisville-tre...
Brother se 425
I love this sewing machine. So easy to learn.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: new | Sold by: 832cassidy
Love the LED white lighted area and thread cutting..great value vs price..
Love the start stop button. You don't even need the pressure foot to sew. And the slider on top controls the speed. Hey one less thing to carry. Well build unit and well worth the price paid. The LED light is like white, white, white light like on the new cars today. I wanted something smaller than my big expensive machines to carry to work. This fit the bill. Very pleased with the quality that brother put into this one. Don't be fooled..this machine rocks for the price. The thread cutting is wonderful. Just wished it would raise the pressure foot when done like on the more expensive models out there (ie. my Pfaff). Hey, you cant have everything..right..well this little baby comes close to perfect and I haven't even tried the embroidery unit. Bought the refurbished unit and absolutely shocked and pleased..quality is #1 and you can't go wrong...if you are questioning any machine...this one will be your best for the price...thanks...dan..oh on my 47th quilt and still going...Read full review...
Wonderful. Just as described. Thanks. Works beautifully.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: pre-owned | Sold by: alexandrmange-0
I decided after much research to purchase this sewing machine/embroidery machine combo. The Brother brand I liked because I purchased a Brother Serger and have been very happy with its performance, so there was no surprise that this machine was built well. This machine has features all that a great sewing machine has with a bonus of being able to embroidery with it as well.
When sewing, you have to be careful of the correct thread weight and correct needle be used otherwise you will get a big ball of thread on the back side of your work. Once you have figured out that, then you have overcome one of the biggest obstacles. Also, be sure to use EMBROIDERY THREAD when doing the embroidery stitches, otherwise coverage of the design is affected.
I was a little disappointed with the embroidery stitches included as not as many decorative basic stitches were offered as on the regular Brother Sewing Machine, however, with a download, you can just about get any 4in x 4in design or running design that your heart desires.
Overall, I am happy with my purchase and will continue to learn how to use it. The Manual is all-inclusive and a big help with almost everything and the Brother hotline support has been very helpful too.Read full review...
Brother SE-350 Sewing/Embroidery Machine
I really like this little machine! I am a quilter and the needle position moves to .5 to accommodate a scant 1/4" seam allowance. I found that I needed to use leaders and enders when piecing....but that is okay since I use these for making another quilt. It does do machine embroidery, however very limited as you only have use of a 4" hoop. Which for the money is good, really good. You can buy a wide variety of cards to put in the machine. It also is capable of being used with the computer, which I like. With extra equipment, of course. But with that you can customize alot in the 4" hoop. It has a great stitch for applique and a few decorative stitches. It also has a hemstitch stitch which I use with a wide (19) wing needle to make the holes around bibs, and burp cloths, or baby blankets, etc., making them ready for crocheted edges. All in all I thought this a good purchase and worth the $$$$. NancyRead full review...
Brother SE 350
I purchased this machine month back after 6 months of researching on it and I am absolutely loving it. I am not a professional designer but was looking for a computerized sewing machine with basic embroidery stitches + patterns and this machine is perfect for my needs. It is;
1. Light and portable.
2. Instructions are easy to understand and follow.
3. Regular stitching + embroidery stitching is very good. In fact this machine has a lot of embroidery stitches which is great for combining different stitches to make one big pattern.
4. The foot controller is optional hence you can use it without it also. Speed control is available to adjust speed if not using foot control.
5. Embroidery is very good but you make need to use a stabilizer material to avoid gathers while doing embroidery or embroider on a thick material at low - medium speed.
6. This machine comes with a USB port through which you can download images from the internet using the PED basic software + memory card inserted. this process is expensive but gives you the ability to emroider designs that are not pre-built. It is an option that is more convenient than necessary but always good to have.
What I did not like:
1. The 70 embroidery patterns include 26 alphabets that makes embroidery patterns other than alphabets only 70-26 = 44 of which some are nursery themes , a few florals and a few animals/objects. I would have actually liked to see some more mature designs built in.
2. The embroidery cannot be shrunk/enlarged to an extent beyond what is pre-built. So I cannot do tiny patterns or enlarge it enough.
3. Also no cropping is available. So for instance if I want to use just a small part of a design, I cannot crop out that image and embroider.
4. The automatic bobbin threader does not work very well as per instructions. This is a common problem with SE 350. However there is a work around to it where you could still have automatic threading but not as per instructions of SE 350. You may need to do automatic threading as per the Brother CE5000 PRW model.
5. The machine is made of plastic with everything attached to the body of the machine. If something breaks servicing is difficult as the pieces are part of the body and not detachable/replaceable. So it is very fragile and needs to be handled with care.Read full review...
Nice Starter Embroidery Machine
I bought this machine for EMBROIDERY ONLY . I knew it had a 4x4 hoop and would get me started with embroidery until I can afford a bigger stand alone machine.
Already owned a brother sewing machine so another brother machine seemed only logical to buy since i loved my sewing machine and had no issues with it.
I love that is simple to use .. i was able to take it from the box and set it up with ease.
Bought a refrubrished machine so the instructional dvd didn't work to give me any ideas on how to embroidery. Read the instructions and stumbled my way thru to embroidery with what came on the machine.
With some help from a friend I was able to figure out what software i needed to use the machine to embroidery designs bought off the internet. Then my friend helped me learn to use it and it didn't take long for me to catch on.
My only disklike is the small embroidery hoop, but I knew about that when I bought it so I can't complain.
Only had the machine a couple of months and still learning new embroidery stuff everyday but so far the machine is great !Read full review...