The History of Paul & Tony's Stereo: Paul and Tony first met in 1968 at Ohio University in Athens Ohio . They opened Paul & Tony’s TV and Stereo Warehouse in 1977 at 21 North Court Street and have remained friends in business together to this day. Their first store was 11 feet wide, 120ft long and located near campus on Court Street. In the day, Music lovers on and off campus were embracing open-reel 2/4 channel recorders, turntables, stereo receivers and cassette tape players/recorders. Paul and Tony’s Stereo opened at 315 ½ West Beaver Ave. in State College, Pennsylvania in 1981 among eight stereo stores competing for Penn State student, staff and community business. That brings us up to date and ready to serve the consumer electronic needs of Central Pennsylvania from 1341 S. Atherton Street .