Learn the basics
List your item
Get seller protection
Choose when you get paid
Create a great listing
Write a standout title
- We’ll recommend search terms that buyers often use, so be sure to add these in the title.
- Avoid all caps and focus on specific details like brand, model, size, and color.
Take high-quality photos
- Snap your items from multiple angles in a well-lit place, and capture any blemishes for transparency.
- On the eBay app, you can clean up your images and add a white background.
Pick a purchase format
- If you want to sell your item quickly, Buy it Now is probably the best format for you.
- Otherwise, if you want to try your luck and shoot for the best possible price, choose Auction.
Set the right price
- We will recommend a price based on recent sales of similar items.
- You can even watch how other sellers are pricing their items, or use Best Offer to negotiate and sell faster.
Ship with ease
- We provide recommendations for delivery, but to save on shipping, use an eBay delivery label.
- Plus, if you’re selling locally, you can also offer Local Pickup.
How much does it cost to sell?
Once your item sells, we generally charge 10-15% of the final value. Your first 250 listings each month are free and, after, there’s a $0.35 insertion fee per listing. Learn more about fees
What’s the best way to ship my item?
eBay provides recommendations, but you can choose a preferred shipping carrier. Can’t make it to your local dropoff? Some offer free “ship from home” pickup. Print your shipping labels with eBay to receive a discount from the carriers we work with. If you don’t have a printer, we also offer QR codes for eBay labels.
Can I sell locally on eBay?
When creating your listing, you can offer local pickup by selecting it in shipping details. Once the buyer pays, they’ll receive a QR code and a 6-digit code, which you can scan or enter with the app to confirm the sale.
How much will it cost to ship my item?
You can choose the shipping option that offers the greatest value and convenience for you. Learn more about shipping.
Where can I get shipping supplies?
You can use any packaging supplies you may already have at home or get free boxes from carriers. For an added touch, eBay branded supplies are available to purchase. Buy eBay branded packaging.
How should I choose my listing price?
For most items, we can provide a price recommendation for you based on recently sold, similar items. How you price your item can depend on how you prefer to sell it—Auction or Buy It Now. Choose a lower starting price for auctions to create more interest.
How does eBay protect sellers?
We understand that things can happen that are out of your control as a seller. When they do, we have your back. Learn more about seller protection.
What can I sell on eBay?
You can sell almost anything, from homemade goods to used or unused items from your closet. We restrict items that violate any laws, or infringe on intellectual property.
How do I create an account?
To get started, select List an item. We’ll help you create and verify your account, and set-up payment information during your first listing. Have your preferred payment account details on hand and be ready to receive a call or text on your phone for verification.
When will I get paid?
After we confirm the buyer's payment has been received, payouts are sent directly to your bank account, Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays), within two business days. Once a payout is initiated, funds are typically available within 1-3 business days depending on your bank's normal processing time.