Selling Laptops and Netbooks Online
If you've upgraded to the latest gaming laptop, then you might not need your old laptop. Instead of keeping it and letting it collect dust, you can sell your laptops and netbooks online. There are plenty of buyers on eBay looking for good deals on laptops and netbooks for work, school, and personal use.
What to include in listings of laptops and netbooks
When you are selling laptops and netbooks, you need to include as many features as possible in your listings. Some of the details your buyers will be looking for include information about the number of USB ports the device has, the resolution of the display, the screen size, how much internal memory it has, and whether it has wireless connectivity and Bluetooth capabilities.
You'll also want to make sure you use the correct terminology in your listing. While laptops and netbooks use the same basic form factor, there are some key differences between the two. The laptop was originally designed to be a more portable form of the desktop computer. Therefore, it tends to have higher processing speeds and a larger screen size so that you can experience productivity comparable to that of a traditional computer. Netbooks, on the other hand, are mostly designed for browsing the internet and completing simpler tasks. As such, their screen sizes are typically less than 12 inches, and their keyboards are smaller as well.
Laptops and netbooks are designed for portability. Many buyers purchase laptops and netbooks because they want a computer that's easy to transport. Therefore, it's important to list the device's weight. Netbooks are typically more lightweight than laptops, weighing in at 3 lbs or less.
Know laptop and netbook brands
Several brands sell laptops and netbooks, but others only sell either one or the other. Certain brands command higher prices than others, and netbooks tend to be at the more affordable end of the pool, while high-end gaming laptops can command higher prices. The following are some of the most well-known laptop and netbook brands:
- Apple: Apple makes laptops like the Macbook Pro and the Macbook Air. Apple laptops tend to sell for premium prices.
- HP: HP offers both laptops and netbooks at various price points. While you can generally ask more for HP laptops than netbooks, HP offers both high-price and low-price computers.
- Lenovo: Lenovo is another company that offers both laptops and netbooks. Lenovo computers tend to be in the medium range of prices.
- Dell: Dell manufactures both laptops and netbooks. Like HP, the price you can reasonably expect to get from Dell laptops and netbooks depends on the model.
- Asus: While Asus offers both laptops and netbooks, it tends to be more known for its affordable netbooks.
- Acer: Like Asus, this brand sells both laptops and netbooks, although its speciality was originally its reasonably priced netbooks.
Considerations when selling used laptops and netbooks online
You might ask, "What's the most important thing to remember when I sell my laptops and netbooks online?" When you're selling used laptops and netbooks, make sure to disclose everything about the devices. If the pre-owned device has any cosmetic damage, like scratches on the screen and body or discoloration on the mouse pad, then take photos showing it. If the cosmetic damage doesn't affect the function of the computer, then make sure to note that since many buyers are willing to deal with a few cosmetic imperfections if it means they can get a computer that functions well at a lower price than they would from buying a new one. You might also want to describe how the laptop or netbook functioned for you. If you were able to run multiple applications without it crashing, then be sure to include that in your listing.