Frequently asked questions
How does Quick Sale work?
Quick Sale is an eBay powered program that lets you send in your new or used phone in exchange for fast money. You provide specific details about your phone on our website, then click Sell it with Quick Sale and instantly receive an offer amount. If you accept the offer, we’ll provide a free shipping label for you to send your phone to eBay partner (“eBay Partner”) for verification. If your phone is exactly how you described it, eBay Partner will send your payment to your PayPal account within 2 business days. If the eBay Partner finds that the phone is not as described, then you’ll either receive an updated offer or the phone will be sent back to you, free of charge.
What about shipping costs?
With Quick Sale, there are no shipping costs.
- Shipping your phone to eBay Partners is free.
- If eBay Partner sends back your phone for whatever reason, there will be no cost to you.
- Reasons your phone may be sent back:
- eBay Partner determines the phone you sent in is ineligible for Quick Sale
- You reject an updated offer
- You don’t accept an updated offer within 72 hours
When do I get paid?
eBay Partner will send payment within 2 business days after the phone is received and inspected. eBay Partners receive your phone about 5 business days after you send it in or drop it off, so you can expect to be paid within 7-10 business days from the time you send it. All payments are sent through PayPal.
eBay Partners make every effort to meet these timeframes, but some situations, like extreme weather or unexpected volume, may cause delays. If you have questions, call eBay Customer Service (1-855-USE-EBAY).
What phones are ineligible for Quick Sale?
- Phones in poor condition
- Older model phones
- Phones worth less than $100
- Customized or collector phones that are one-of-a-kind
- Illegal items, including stolen property, items with removed serial numbers, and recalled items
- Or other phones, as eBay determines in its sole discretion.
Is there a fee?
No. The offer amount is the amount that you will receive via PayPal payment.
What condition should my items be in?
Your items may be new, like-new or used condition. They must be in fully working condition.
What if I lose the shipping label?
You can reprint the shipping label through the My Account Page.
- Click on “Your account” at the top of this page.
- Click on “Label created”, then “Print form and label (in the status section)
What happens if an item is damaged or lost?
If your item is lost before the eBay Partner receives it, you'll need to file a claim with eBay Customer Service. Be sure to keep your receipt for compensation.
- Call eBay Customer Service: 1-855-USE-EBAY
If your item is lost or damaged after the eBay Partner receives it, you will be reimbursed based on the value of the offer amount.
What classifies an item as "new"?
Only items in factory-sealed, original packaging will be considered in "new" condition. eBay Partners may open factory-sealed packaging to inspect the items and determine their condition.
Why did I receive an updated offer?
The eBay Partners inspect and test your phone to determine if it is the same as what you specified to obtain the original offer amount. In the case that the item specifics are different (i.e. capacity, model) or the condition varies from what you described, you may receive an updated offer. This updated offer may include a reason as to the discrepancy that was found.
- If you accept the updated offer, eBay Partner will send payment to your PayPal account within 2 business days
- If you reject an updated offer, your phone will be sent back to you within 5 - 7 business days, free of charge.
- If you do not respond in 72 hours, your phone will be sent back to you within 5 - 7 business days, free of charge.
What happens when my offer expires?
Your offer will expire in 10 days from the time you confirmed your Quick Sale. Once expired, you can re-enter the details of your phone on our website to see if your phone still qualifies and receive a new offer.
How should I prepare my phone for shipment?
- If your device has cellular service, remove the SIM card and deactivate it through your carrier and pay the balance of your bill.
- Don’t forget to clear any lock screen passcodes and disable any ‘Find my Phone’ features so that eBay Partners can perform a factory reset. Find details at: www.ebay.com/s/valet/removepasscode. If you prefer you can reset this phone yourself. Find details at: www.ebay.com/s/valet/datawipe
- Pack your phone in a box along with any accessories that are included. Be sure to use bubble wrap or packing peanuts to prevent damage.
- The shipping label and packing slip is uniquely associated with your individual phone. If you want to sell another phone with Quick Sale, request an additional offer and receive a new label for each phone.