All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- $16.94Free shipping
- $19.94Free shipping
People who bought this also bought
Video Game Consoles
About this product
- Product InformationThis PlayStation 2 strategy title transforms the popular Yu-Gi-Oh trading card franchise into a combat-oriented 3D board game. Battles in Capsule Monster Coliseum play out in a basic style similar to that of other strategy RPGs, such as Dynasty Tactics or Phantom Brave, where the well-considered placement and movements of characters on the game board can be crucial to victory. Of course, in this game, the characters and their powers are all based on official Yu-Gi-Oh rules. As players progress through the game's story, they'll have opportunities to collect new monsters and augment the powers of the monsters they already have. The initial retail release of Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum comes packaged with three Limited Edition Official Game Cards.
- GameYu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum
- PlatformSony PlayStation 2
- ESRB RatingE - Everyone
- ESRB DescriptorFantasy Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-2
- Release Year2004
- Game Special Features<li>Collect and evolve monsters to create powerful decks for battle in the Coliseum<br/><br/><li>Defeat your opponents in "Campaign," "Free Battle," and "Versus" modes<br/><br/><li>Includes three limited edition official Yu-Gi-Oh! game cards<br/><br/>
- Game SeriesYu-Gi-Oh! Franchise
Most relevant reviews
- 833609642@delet...Oct 23, 2008by
Good quality game; Definite pick for fans/RTS players!
Having been a big fan of the series, I truly enjoyed the game play and style that this particular title offered. Adds elements of various gaming genres with a twist of RTS/Strategy functions. A definite "MUST" for those that are familiar with the series and/or enjoy spending many hours thinking, planning, and winning! Overall, this game is highly recommended. Rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- 1083221118@dele...Jan 09, 2012by
Great game for people of any age.
I love this game. It's a simplified version of chess. Granted, the computer that you're playing against isn't nearly as hard as most chess players, however it works well for people seeking a relaxing challenge. I actually had this game and finished it, but my friend wanted it so much that I gave it to her as a Christmas gift.
- mymarkisbadDec 06, 2007by
Well written thinking/strategy game for young boys
My son got a PS2 for Christmas last year. I bought this game for him soon after he turned 9 years old. I was impressed with the way the game was designed and it kept my son entertained for weeks. Though he had other games to play, he was playing this one the most. In two weeks, he beat all of the characters to win the championship, but the tournaments can go on forever. The monster cards in the deck can be traded/won/lost and there are so many different outcomes possible. You can increase/decrease attack and defense points and customize your deck. As you and the computer or another player awaken the capsule monsters, they become available for play like chess pieces. This game is more interesting and complicated than chess since the pieces are monsters that come to life! Even the settings (compare to chess boards) change and can affect the game. My son traded this game for another one and now he wants this one again! A 17 year old male spent months trying to complete the game and asked my son for help. The degree of difficulty can be altered and some characters may appear easier to defeat than others. It truly is a fantastic thinking game and not just another violent game. The fighting can even be enabled or disabled! This game ranks with Ratchet and Clank, Star Wars Battlefield II and other games that provide hours of entertainment and mental stimulation. You have many goals to reach and eventually have one big goal. Kudos to the makers of this game. I personally understand and appreciate game design as a programmer. My son is a game player and of the hundreds of video and PC games he has played, this one really earned 5 stars! Read full review
- darksage-2012Nov 03, 2012by
Great! So far really liking it.
Been looking for this item a long time. It goes well with the guide that I had for years and could not use in till now.
- arsenal269Apr 10, 2011by
I loved this game. It's one of my favorite games in PS2. I used to play it when I was 12. The way they designed it is brilliant. Graphics: 8.5/10 Audio: 8/10 Game play: 9/10 Overall rating: 8.5/10
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $6.57Trending at $10.49
- $18.45Trending at $21.40
- $18.99Trending at $20.90
- $31.95Trending at $38.39
- $16.95Trending at $19.98
- $27.95Trending at $34.10
- $15.50Trending at $17.48