Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $3.37+ $3.99 Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by billyslibrary
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $0.99+ Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by pickett27278
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- $3.85Free shipping
About this product
- SynopsisKristin Burns has lived her life by the philosophy "Don't think, just shoot"--pictures, that is. Struggling to make ends meet, she works full-time as the nanny for the fabulously wealthy Turnbull family, looking after their two wonderful children and waiting for her glamorous life as a New York photographer to begin. When her photographs are considered by an elite Manhattan art gallery, it seems she might finally get the chance that will start her career. But Kristin has a major distraction: forbidden love. The man of her dreams is almost hers for keeps. Breathless with an inexhaustible passion and the excitement of being within reach of her goals, Kristen ignores all signs of catastrophe brewing. Fear exists for a reason. And Kristin can only dismiss the warnings for so long. Searching desperately for the truth through the lens of her camera, she can only hope that it's not too late. This novel of psychological suspense is a stunning achievement for thriller master James Patterson, "one of the bestselling writers in history" (New York Sun).,Kristin Burns is making her way in New York City. Her photos are being considered at a major Manhattan gallery, she works by day with two wonderful children, and the man of her dreams is almost hers for keeps. But just as everything she's ever wanted is finally within reach, her life changes forever--with one murderous nightmare. Kristin wakes up every morning from the same chilling, unforgettable dream. And suddenly, it's visiting her during the day too. As her life turns stranger by the minute, Kristin is haunted and terrified. Is it all in her head? Or is the nightmare becoming her life? Kristin searches desperately for what's real through the lens of her camera, only knowing two things for sure: that no place is safe and the fate of everyone she loves lies in her hands.
- AuthorHoward Roughan,James Patterson
- Number Of Pages384 pages
- Publication Date2007-09-10
- PublisherLittle Brown & Company
- Publication Year2007
- Copyright Date2007
- Weight21.5 Oz
- Height1.2 In.
- Width6.2 In.
- Length9.5 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3566.A822Y56 2007
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- lancastergatew2Jan 15, 2012by
James Patterson – You’ve been warned, 2007
James Patterson – You’ve been warned, 2007 I wonder what went through JP’s mind to write such a poor concoction of a novel. Why did the publisher decide to publish it? JP has written great novels and I cannot judge him adversely for this well under-average work. Granted it is a fiction: but even fictions are made to make sense. Climax is the name of the game in fictions. This, not only lacked it but it simply didn’t make sense. In all honestly I cannot recommend it, however you may be curious to read it and hopefully agree with me.
- 607193480@delet...Dec 01, 2007by
Patterson doesn't deliver with this book
I decided to buy this book on ebay because I found it at a great price and didn't want to wait for the paperback version. First, let me start by saying the James Patterson is one of my top five favorite authors. I have loved the Cross series, and with the exception of his books about the bird kids, I have read and thoroughly all his other books. However, I've been struggling with You've Been Warned. I am only about halfway through it, and that's after having picked it up and put it back down numerous times since I bought it a couple of months ago. Honestly, it is one of the strangest books I've ever read.I keep wondering why Patterson has veered so far away from his usual fast-paced, suspenseful, can't-wait-to-turn-the-page, BELIEVABLE writing style. I think I'll go buy Double Cross and give this book to the Goodwill. I'll keep buying Patterson's books, because even HE is entitled to a stinker once in awhile, and hopefully You've Been Warned will be a once-in-his-lifetime mistake. Read full review
- bowling_for_wea...Mar 03, 2008by
You've Been Warned, it's not your normal J. Patterson
I bought it because I normally enjoy James Patterson books. He creates great characters and situations. The problem I had with this book was that it seemed like a Stephen King wannabee. I guess if you're really successful and your publisher asks you to write more books to make more $$$ for you and them, you just hire a lesser writer to pen something and then put your name on it as the author. The fans will buy anything of yours and then we get disappointed buy the plot or lack of it. It never really grabbed me, I kept hoping that it would get better and it never did.
- jfava80voOct 27, 2007by
No.... You've Been Warned
I devour everything Patterson writes, but I was disappointed in this one. The story line begins fine, but then goes haywire. The main character is a thriving and vibrant woman in the beginning, but haunted by a recurring dream. The dream apparently causes Kristin, the main character, to lose her grasp on her sanity, but this is not really supported well in the writing - too many loopholes and stretches for the reader. It just doesn't mesh. The ending was dreadful. I remain a Patterson fan, just not a fan of this title.
- queensaverOct 28, 2007by
Title Says it ALL!
His style as usual was great using short chapters for those of us who have a short attention span, and the need to feel like we are getting into the book fast. However, this book was more of a mental thriller and very different from his previous books that he wrote without the collaboration with other writers. I love Patterson however I feel that he is really depending on his name alone to sell is books and there is not the 'right stuff' that we fans know and have come to love throughout the pages of his books. I won't give away the story but you be the judge, however I thought the title was appropriate and 'you've been warned'. Buy it when the prices go really low on eBay!
Best Selling in Fiction & Literature
Save on Fiction & Literature
- $7.79Trending at $7.91
- $9.26Trending at $12.01
- $22.99Trending at $24.97
- $49.94Trending at $64.95
- $49.90Trending at $59.96
- $14.09Trending at $14.58
- $30.79Trending at $34.82