All listings for this product
Best Selling in Televisions
Save on Televisions
- $6,399.95Trending at $7,997.99
- $5,999.98Trending at $6,998.00
- $2,479.00Trending at $2,996.99
- $1,697.99Trending at $2,097.99
- $1,620.00Trending at $1,997.00
- $3,700.00Trending at $4,989.14
- $2,430.00Trending at $2,996.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis 22" Westinghouse LD-2240 Flat-Panel TV provides the user with a good viewing experience by delivering picture with fine details. The model features 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution and an aspect ratio of 14:9 Enhanced, 16:9. This Westinghouse Flat-Panel TV offers HDTV definition with a native resolution of 1080p.
- About The BrandWestinghouse is a US company that has been manufacturing LCD and LED televisions since 2010. The brand offers a diversity of models for the consumer market, as its HDTV line includes a wide range of screen sizes and resolutions resulting in a vivid picture with brilliant color. The models impress with innovative designs and feature a super slim profile in order to fit in any space or wall with ease. Westinghouse has built a reputation for a reliable maker of televisions and nowadays is one of the leading LCD TV manufacturers in the United States.
- TV TypeFlat-Panel
- Display TechnologyLED LCD
- Screen Size22"
- Aspect Ratio14:9 Enhanced,16:9
- Display Resolution1920 x 1080 pixels
- 3D Technology3D Not Supported
- Smart TV FeaturesNot Supported
- Contrast Ratio1000:1
- Viewing Angle85°
- Supported Resolutions1080p (HDTV)
- On Mode Power21.84 W
- Sleep Mode Power0.261 W
- Rear Input Connectors1 x D-Sub (RGB PC),Component x 1,Composite x 1,HDMI x 1,RF x 1
- Parental ControlV-Chip
- Sleep TimerWith Sleep Timer
- Room TypeBedroom,Children's Bedroom
- Additional FeaturesHeadphone Jack
Most relevant reviews
- jawarriorApr 26, 2013by
Excellent Mixed With Awful
THE EXCELLENT?:____ It's low-priced, lightweight, portable, LED illuminated, full 1080p HD and a great size for a 2nd TV in a bedroom, office or work area. The picture is really quite good, and stays pretty good even at moderate angles to the screen. THE AWFUL?:____ The speakers make a 1950's Studebaker AM radio sound like a Bang & Olufsen home theater sound system. They are so crappy I can't find words negative enough to describe them! Imagine an old Japanese transistor radio stuffed into a coffee can, and that would sound better. Another awful aspect is that it doesn't even swivel. The stand is fixed - but not so fixed that it won't allow the TV to sway badly when you walk near it across a wood framed floor. I think the post must be made of gummy bears!! Finally, the stand allows the screen to slant downward ever so slightly. THE REDEEMING FACTS:____ I have an old set of computer speakers with a subwoofer which I plugged into the TV's headphone jack. If you turn the TV volume control down to 50%, and then turn the volume of the speakers to a point well above normal listening level, you can then control the volume of the speakers using the lower, distortion-free range of the TV's weak audio amplifier and end up getting really fine stereo with great bass!! Also, since I'm using it in an area where I won't need to swivel it anyway, that shortcoming doesn't affect me. It weighs almost nothing, so turning it is pretty easy even without a swivel feature. And, I'm keeping it atop my tall clothing armoire, so the very slight downward tilt is a good thing, actually. CONCLUSION:____ Great picture, low price and enough connectivity to accommodate a DVD player and a powered speaker system make this Westinghouse HDTV's failings fade away. Now that I've replaced my failed old tube TV, I can fall asleep to the sweet sound of Hannity's endless rants in glorious, bass-filled stereo from my wonderful new Westinghouse LD-2240 1080p HDTV. Read full review
- valentinekissDec 24, 2012by
Good value in a compact flat screen TV
The Westinghouse LD-2240 provides clear picture quality. The footprint is small, the set-up is intuitive and the controls are easy. We had some concerns about the picture at first because we were receiving an odd signal from our cable (Comcast). We played with the channels and found that the TV was able to pull in a signal when tuned to the wrong channel. Of course, when we realized the proper channel was 3 for our cable the picture became clear and the problem went away. Even before we hooked up the cable, this TV was able to pick up a number of local channels. The other thing we needed to adjust is the format of the picture to be full-screen or letter-box. The only reason why we are giving this TV a 4 is the sound is a bit thin compared to our old oversized TV. The speakers are contained within that very small footprint and so we recommend wiring this TV through your sound system to get the best sound quality. Read full review
- cartoonkniteMar 04, 2013by
Overall worth the low price
It isnt the best looking tv ive ever seen, but its decent. Came with a small crack in the frame around the screen, but not big enough to need to be replaced. Overall decent and i appreciate the pc and hdmi inputs. Did take a while to get to my house. But pretty decent for the price.
- impadjoeJun 01, 2014by
Good picture quality. Poor sound.
Nice picture and good quality. Speakers are small with poor sound quality. Hooked up a small amp and external speaker for better sound.
- my_beautiful_cr...Dec 05, 2014by
I purchased the TV for my son & he loves it. He had to get a stand for it though. Now he can watch cable TV at his place. Thanks