Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $14.20Free shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by wildwood_ent
- Est. delivery by May 3
All listings for this product
About this product
- SynopsisGardeners throughout the region will be welcoming a thoroughly updated and fresh-looking 8th edition of the "bible of Western gardening." With a new, easy-to-read design, more plant photography, larger illustrations, and more than 8,000 plant listings-500 of them new-it's THE essential book for gardeners in the Western states. What plants to grow, how to nurture them, and where they do the very best-it's all here. You'll also find updated information on the Western climate zones, 30 Plant Selection Guides, plus a Practical Guide to Gardening with basic advice on plant care and essential gardening techniques. New plant lists reflect current trends, such as Mediterranean gardening and easy-care plants for beginners. For more than 70 years, Sunset has been the source for no-nonsense gardening advice, easy-to-follow diagrams, and encyclopedic knowledge of plant varieties. In this edition, we introduce an exciting new feature: gardening tips from well-known plant experts throughout the West. The Western Garden Book has never been better! Features: 8th Edition of this perennial bestseller More than 8,000 plant listings, 500 new, keyed to climate zones 30 Plant Selection Guides to find the perfect plant for every situation Special contributions from 40 eminent Western garden experts Introduction by Sunset garden editor Kathleen N. Brenzel, with a photographic tour of gardens that are truly the 'Best of the West' gardens
- AuthorKathleen Norris Brenzel,Oxmoor House Staff,Sunset Books Staff
- Number Of Pages768 pages
- Edition DescriptionRevised
- Publication Date2007-02-01
- PublisherOxmoor House, Incorporated
- Publication Year2007
- Edition Number8
- Weight63.3 Oz
- Height1.5 In.
- Width8.2 In.
- Length11 In.
- Grade FromTwelfth Grade
- Grade ToCollege Graduate Student
Most relevant reviews
- saltucJan 02, 2009by
Perfect present for the wannabe gardener
I have the older version of the Western Garden Book and I find it an invaluable resource when choosing plants, deciding where to plant them, establishing their sunlight/watering needs, pruning schedules, and diagnosing plant problems. My mother has always owned a copy and my late grandmother always had one too. Anyone who has indoor or outdoor plants needs this book. It is my most comprehensive gardening resource. I have many other gardening books but I always go to this one first. I know that I can find information on just about any plant or tree that I come across in this book. I knew I wanted to buy this book for a friend as a Christmas present as she has never owned one but has browsed through mine many times. My friend was thrilled to finally have her own copy and that really made my day. Read full review
- 665203837@delet...Jun 08, 2008by
Must have for any beg. & a great tool for the novice
This book is amazing I have barley cracked the cover and learned so much. It has everything you need to grow an outstanding garden from A-Z. I recommend this book to everyone I talk to. I went from a black thumb to a gray thumb in minutes, with the help of this book I'm sure to be a green thumb in no time at all. I feel so much better about gardening in my area with the use of Western Garden Book. A huge thank you to Sunset Editors for this book with vast amounts of information.
- 155290507@delet...Sep 08, 2009by
This is my bible for gardening. Quick, at a glance, info at hand to plant your plants in the appropriate places. Including climate information so you know not to plant tropical trees in Alaska. I recommend this book to everyone who enjoys gardening. The book also contains information on plant diseases and insect problems. Furthermore you can impress your friends with learning about and pronouncing the true botanical names. This book rocks...
- meljim1974Sep 04, 2009by
Great book for begining gardeners
I brought the book for my son & his fiance`e who are first time homebuyers and have very large backyard. It's great for 1st time gardeners. It is an esy read and has vivid and colorful pictures.
- twinrcrazySep 17, 2009by
Western Garden Book by Sunset Editors
love update book had to buy new the old one was wore out i use my most every day on cut plant progation of plant just a user of the book
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Textbooks, Education
Save on Textbooks, Education
- $30.95Trending at $36.90
- $15.07Trending at $15.51
- $54.99Trending at $62.26
- $114.00Trending at $167.38
- $30.20Trending at $31.17
- $29.99Trending at $53.99
- $29.95Trending at $55.00