More items related to this product
Best Selling in External Hard Disk Drives
Save on External Hard Disk Drives
- $98.00Trending at $102.76
- $454.30Trending at $535.60
- $104.95Trending at $111.49
- $102.99Trending at $118.74
- $163.00Trending at $164.99
- $179.95Trending at $191.62
- $129.94Trending at $149.94
About this product
- Product DescriptionThe Western Digital My Passport Essential SE portable HDD is an excellent storage solution for users who are on the move. With a storage capacity of 750 GB, this Western Digital external hard drive meets your growing demands of storing digitized videos, photos, and music. The USB 3.0 port of the Western Digital My Passport Essential SE makes it compatible with your Windows as well as Mac computer. With preloaded software, this portable HDD provides automatic, continuous backup with encryption, thereby ensuring data safety. Powered via the USB cable, this Western Digital external hard drive eliminates the need for a separate power supply.
- BrandWestern Digital
- ModelMy Passport Essential SE
- Buffer Size8MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed5400RPM
- InterfaceUSB 2.0,USB 3.0
- External Data Transfer Rate60Mbps
- Form Factor2.5"
- Hot SwapYes
- Height0.7 in.
- Width3.19 in.
- Depth4.29 in.
- Weight0.44 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- burtoncweeksMay 09, 2013by
The WD My Passport drive is small, sleek, fast and dependable!
I purchased my Western Digital My Passport Essential 750 GB,External, Hard Drive to store large video files on and it serves that purpose well. Being able to carry those files with me in a small, sleek, pocket sized device when I travel is what I like most about the My Passport drive, because it enables me to share those files with others. The only thing I don't particularly like about the My Passport drive is that the WD software installed on it takes up to much of the drives storage space. Notwithstanding that, I not only WOULD purchase another WD My Passport drive, I have already seen fit to purchase two more of them. All work well and I'm a happy camper!
- peewee692013Feb 09, 2016by
great item for the money works very well and had no prob with windows 10
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Refurbished
- saisell1008Mar 19, 2012by
Looking for a portable external hard drive? THIS IS IT!
I bought this product for I needed a reliable and portable hard drive with a lot of space. One of the main reasons was because of the company itself, Western Digital, which is very good company. Pros: Very fast with USB 3.0 (it works with USB 2.0 too), WD smartware which helps you backup your files automatically, WD Password Lock which locks all your data with a password so that there is absolutely no way anyone can get to your files without knowing the password, and lastly the small size of the portable hard drive which is very easy to take with you on the go. Cons: Nothing from my point of view!
- tomp.203Feb 12, 2012by
Very happy with external hard drives by Western Digital
I needed a device to use as a backup and for additional photo and film storage for laptops. These fit the bill perfectly! I bought two of them, a 500 GB and a 750 GB and am very pleased with both. Because I have all of the data duplicated on other devices I was able to buy a refurbished device without any real concerns for the integrity of the information. (Although I have had NO problems) I was able to realize a huge savings over the cost of the originals and their performance has been just as good. I am very pleased.
- uptomeagainJun 06, 2012by
Watch out for the password protection!
One serious flaw I have encountered in the short time I've used this item is the password protection feature. During initial setup, I assigned a password, which I carefully entered into KeePass (an open-sourced password manager) and I copied and pasted in Notepad just in case. Then following directions, I checked for software updates and firmware upgrades. In my opinion, this step somehow corrupted the password, because I could not sign in after that. WD has a strict policy of not being able to assist customers who have "forgotten" their password (which as I have explained, I did not forget!). As a result, I had to erase the 10GB of info comprising my first backup on a new computer, and reformat the drive and start all over. I'll note that the WD tech support person advised me NOT to use the password feature, implying that it causes a lot of problems. I purchased the drive for a number of reasons, of which password protection and data encryption was one, so I was discouraged to not be able to use it with confidence. Other than that, I am enjoying the drive. Read full review