Best Selling in Hard Drive Pouches
Save on Hard Drive Pouches
- $18.22Trending at $19.24
- $9.46Trending at $10.70
- $13.11Trending at $14.16
- $10.09Trending at $10.44
- $9.99Trending at $10.58
- $9.46Trending at $9.69
- $11.09Trending at $11.78
About this product
- Product DescriptionSmall yet powerful, the WD My Passport Essential SE portable hard drive offers massive capacity to store humongous amount of data. Compatible with USB 2.0 as well as USB 3.0, this Western Digital hard drive is future-ready for next generation applications. Instant back-up provided by this external hard drive prevents data loss. Keep your crucial and confidential information safe and secure in this Western Digital hard drive, as it offers password protection and encryption. This external hard drive can be powered from the USB port of a PC, saving you from the hassle of separate charger. The WD My Passport Essential SE is designed from recycled materials and compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>Not all solid state storage is engineered the same</strong><br />The SiliconDrive III product family features patented and patent-pending advanced solid state storage technologies engineered to solve the storage industry's toughest problems.</li><li><strong>Mechanical scalability</strong><br />The SiliconDrive III SSD product family is the perfect replacement for rotating hard drives that require mechanical scalability from a 2.5-inch to a smaller 1.8-inch form factor with no compromise in performance or reliability.</li></ul>
- BrandWestern Digital
- ModelMy Passport Essential SE
- Buffer Size2MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed5400RPM
- InterfaceUSB 2.0
- External Data Transfer Rate60Mbps
- Form Factor2.5"
- Seek Time12 ms
- Height0.7 in.
- Width4.3 in.
- Depth3.2 in.
- Weight0.44 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- rafasantostoron...Sep 11, 2010by
Cost benefit and efficient
I'm very happy with this purchase and would like to share my impressions: - Plug and play: I'm Linux user, just plugged and worked like a charm; - Speed: I don't think is the faster HD ever, however is a good speed. I don't see difference comparing with my internal HD; - Finishing: Solid hard plastic, good enough; - Size: That's was a surprise for me, is the smaller external HD I've seen; - Price: There are cheaper items around, but this item has a good brand and reputation; - Cable: Ok, the only bad point I see is the chord, it's not mini-USB standard, then if you lose the cable must run around to find another one. Hope this review helps someone. If yes, please mark as useful. Thanks.
- darkshot107Nov 09, 2010by
Small and portable, but well performing hard drive
I bought a new Western Digital 1TB (portable) eternal hard drive. It's small size was very convenient for me since I travel with my laptop, and I need my hard drive to be small and portable to fit inside the laptop case pockets. It included the cable to connect to the laptop, so there is nothing else to buy. The process of using the disk for the first time was very easy too. All I had to do was plug it in and follow whatever directions it told me to do. The price was decent, but 1 TB hard disks that are not portable cost a lot less, so buy this for portable needs only, otherwise I recommend just getting the larger and less expensive version.
- calicatgirl14Dec 05, 2010by
Western Digital (1000 GB, USB 2.0) Hard Drive
Pros: Great hard drive for a great price! Programs were easy to uninstall. All my files are backed up to this drive, which includes movies, pictures, games, and even music! Still works great, with extra space. Transfer rates are quick. Heats up after a while, but never enough to over heat :] (used for about 6-8 hours at a time) Cons: Blue color on computer looks more purple in real life. USB cord connecting to computer is loose! Comes off even at little movements (could be fixed with another cord?) Conclusion: Great product at great price. Worth every penny!
- peteandtinaFeb 08, 2011by
Western Digital BABM0010BBK
This external hardrive is perfect for laptops or just about any computer system. It's ridiculously portable due to the fact that it's on the size of a standard passport but it doesn't lack storage capacity. The software is also very easy to use, and no external power source is required. Just plug in the USB 3 interface and you're good to go! I'm very impressed with this item.
- 776774080@delet...Jun 07, 2010by
Short note on a functional bug in Windows VISTA.
I experienced a functional bug after Firmware update. The Firmware was updated successfully, but the WDSmartSoftware SoftwareUpdater is killed by the Operative System (Vista): "WD SmartWare Software Updater has stopped working", it is killed by Vista's Data Execution Prevention (DEP). I Google'd it and saw other people with the same issue, but no solution to it except supposedly "disabling DEP", but I couldn't find the so-called-tab for it. Regardless - the product seems fine. Its information-size VS its Real Size and it's price is really astonishing. I really just wanted to report this bug for Vista-users though; I'm not much of a reviewer in general, and specifically no better at the moment.