Best Selling in Televisions
Save on Televisions
- $6,399.95Trending at $7,997.99
- $6,499.99Trending at $6,998.00
- $2,479.00Trending at $2,996.99
- $1,729.99Trending at $2,097.99
- $1,697.99Trending at $2,097.99
- $1,620.00Trending at $1,996.99
- $3,700.00Trending at $4,989.14
About this product
- DescriptionWatch your movies in 1080p full HD format on the Vizio E421VO television. The 42-inch screen of this Vizio LCD Television displays clear and sharp images at 1920 x 1080 pixels native resolution. Having a dynamic contrast ratio of 100000:1, this 42 inch LCD TV showcases highly distinguished color images. With SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD technology, this Vizio LCD Television provides HD surround sound to complement the video. Automatically setting the screen brightness as per the ambient lighting conditions, this 42-inch LCD TV lets you enjoy the picture, without putting strain on your eyes. View photos on the big screen with the Vizio E421VO TV’s JPEG photo viewer.
- About The BrandVIZIO is an American privately held electronics manufacturer established in 2002. Among its products are television sets, tablets and mobile phones, as VIZIO quickly became one of the most recognizable TV brands in North America. Nowadays, the company primarily produces television sets, as the first TV bearing the brand’s name, the P4 46” Plasma EDTV, was released in 2003. VIZIO became the largest LCD TV seller in North America for 2007 and since then focused on the LED-backlit LCD displays. The brand offers a diversity of TV models in a wide range of screen sizes, innovative designs and high-definition resolutions.
- TV TypeFlat-Panel
- Display TechnologyLCD
- Screen Size42"
- Aspect Ratio16:9
- Display Resolution1920 x 1080 pixels
- 3D Technology3D Not Supported
- Smart TV FeaturesNot Supported
- Refresh Rate60 Hz
- Viewing Angle178°
- Built-in TunerATSC,NTSC,QAM
- Supported Resolutions1080p (HDTV)
- Brightness500 cd/m²°
- Dot Pitch0.48 mm
- HDCP SupportWith HDCP Support
- On Mode Power81.1 W
- Sleep Mode Power0.3 W
- Front Input ConnectorsHDMI x 1,USB Port
- Rear Input ConnectorsComponent x 1,Composite x 1,HDMI x 2
- Number Of Speakers2
- Speaker Power2 x 10 Watt
- Audio TypeStereo
- Height3.51 in.
- Width40.26 in.
- Depth25.91 in.
- Weight31.09 lbs
- Parental ControlV-Chip
- Room TypeCommercial Space,Living Room
- Remote Control Type (originally supplied by manufacturer)Standard
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- kmb101Feb 16, 2012by
True 1080p HD Great Picture, Great Sound, Great Features.
Excellent TV, good picture, and sound. Okay features. Has enough ports on TV to plug in your blue ray players, computers, streaming media player etc... Supposed to have a QAM tuner but I don't think it does I am not getting as many unscrambled digital stations on this TV as I do on a TV that I know has the QAM, ATSC digital/NTSC tuner. Overall great for the price. Has 1080p HD. Light sensor works perfect for me.
- gamerboy_proApr 22, 2012by
Bang for Buck! Excellent Quality Basic Setup that Won't Drain your Wallet!
The bottom line: if you don't need 3D and don't want to break the bank, buy this TV. That's all you -really- need to know, but this review is jam-packed with details about the TV and my experience with it; if you want more, keep reading. I picked this up as a "seller refurbished" item. A little bit of research showed that these were selling from $300 (once in a blue moon) to about $400. Honestly, so long as 1080p is the industry standard, this TV is definitely worth that price point. Surfing through normal cable channels, I was, at first, a little saddened by the picture quality. The picture was a little grainy and I thought, "I paid for HD quality, what's this ****?!" Then, I took a deep breath, plugged in my laptop, and proceeded to play a 1080p video on YouTube. My jaw dropped. Simply stunning. I have never seen a more crisp image--and from YouTube nonetheless! As it turns out, cable needs to catch up to my TV, not the other way around. I did take off one star in the features category, giving it a rating of "good" there. While it does have almost all standard hook-ups, it only has one of each (barring HDMI, of which it has two). Now, to be perfectly honest, you probably won't need much more. I've got my cable feeding directly into the TV, an Xbox hooked up via HDMI, and another HDMI port I use when I want to hook up my laptop--I never have to switch any cables around, but if you're the kind of person who owns one of every game console for the past few generations, either look for an external switch, or a different TV. A complaint I read quite a bit in reviews before I purchased this was about the sound quality of the built in speakers. No, they're not audiophile quality speakers, but they still produce damn good stereo sound. This was my biggest fear going into this purchase, but that fear quickly subsided as soon as I set up the TV and turned it on and listened. I don't have the funds at the moment to invest in a better sound system, but luckily this TV left me with neither the need nor want to. Here's my best concise list of what this TV's lacking: -Multiple hook-ups (read above/see specs) -A DVI port (getting phased out for HDMI instead anyway) -Direct connection for speakers (not standard on newer TV models, but a good note if your old system relies on it) -Internet/Apps (Not needed if you have a laptop or computer you can hook up) -3D (if you're into that) If none of the items on the above list bother you, this TV is perfect for you. Even if the first few items bother you, there are very inexpensive solutions to them: converters, an HDMI switch, USB hub, etc. I said it once, I'm saying it again: if you don't need 3D and don't want to break the bank, buy this TV. You won't be disappointed. Read full review
- qopbay09May 22, 2012by
A must have item in any room.
I bought this Vizio 42inch TV for my family/sports room. Overrall perfect and the best for the money. Compare to other tv's the picture displays are excellent and the sound quality is super crisp. Everyone should own a Vizio in any room. After buying this one I am going to put it in my bedroom, and get a much bigger one in my family sports room before NY Giants football season starts.
- 825539495@delet...Apr 04, 2012by
great value! well worth the money!
good pictures! good sound! awesome price! i love my new television! it was well worth the money! i haven't really gotten to experiment with the other features, but the ones i have already played with work well! i bought this to replace a smaller television; the size of this one is just right for my bedroom and the picture is so good that i can sit against my headboard - which is pretty far from the television - and see everything clearly. i also like that there are presets for the picture quality for different kinds of viewing, e.g. movies, sports, and concerts.
- politillyoverlo...Dec 10, 2011by
A buy was a good decision
Okay, the tv displays an excellent picture and the sound is crisp with more than enough volume. two bothersome aspects. !. the connector at the back of the set was missing. 2. At the upper lefthand corner of the screen, a small intrusion appears when the set is in the full screen mode. It was clear the vendor would have replaced the unit but given the excellent price and my cost of shipping it back by virtue of residing on the island of Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, we elected to keep the set as a return would have been cost prohibitive.