Best Selling in GPS Units
Save on GPS Units
- $2,204.10Trending at $2,732.66
- $49.95Trending at $63.03
- $106.70Trending at $114.99
- $157.97Trending at $170.19
- $272.87Trending at $287.30
- $179.99Trending at $209.99
- $474.99Trending at $509.95
About this product
- DescriptionNow you can always reach your destination before time with the XXL 540TM. According to the incoming traffic events, this TomTom GPS Receiver will show alternative routes. Get turn-by-turn spoken directions to any address in the US, Canada and Mexico with this TomTom GPS device. The XXL 540TM is pre-loaded with over 7 million locations for quick and proper directions. Equipped with IQ Routes Technology, this TomTom GPS Receiver guides you to the fastest route, taking into consideration the day of your trip. With the Advanced Lane Guidance feature, this TomTom GPS device offers more clarity while you come across many lanes at a time so that you do not get confused and drive confidently. With the 5-inch touchscreen, operating and viewing this XXL 540TM becomes very easy.
- ModelXXL 540TM - US (including Puerto Rico), Canada & Mexico
- UsageAutomotive Mountable
- System TypeFixed,Portable
- Map CapabilitiesInternal
- Screen Size5"
- User InterfaceTouch Screen
- Display TypeLCD TFT Display
- Resolutions480 x 272
- FeaturesLifetime Map Updates,Lifetime Traffic Updates
- Trip calculatorAvoid toll roads,Trip Timers
- Included MapsCanada,Mexico,Puerto Rico,USA (incl. Hawaii & Alaska)
- Battery Type and QuantityRechargeable Li-Ion Battery
- Battery Life3 Hours
- Height3.15 in.
- Width4.65 in.
- Depth0.98 in.
- Weight0.4 lb.
Most relevant reviews
- nurnurbesMay 25, 2015by
The product is advanced and driver friendly
My first GPS was an old model Garmin with no life time update.I had sometimes difficulty reaching my destination on time.But with my new Tom Tom XXL 540MT GPS driving is easy even in complicated lanes because of its advanced lane guidance. The only weaknesses of this product is that recalculation is not as fast as my previous one. It also takes more time to get the satellite.
- 742550677@delet...Sep 08, 2011by
Great product that does what it's supposed to and is very affordable.
This GPS has performed well, so far. It receives a strong signal, very quickly. I had read lots of reviews about the unit popping off of the windshield mount, but I have had no such problems. I like that it has lifetime map and traffic updates. It re-routes you if it finds a quicker route when you encounter traffic. It also alerts you to intersections that utilize cameras for vehicles going through red lights. I think the name of the street you are on, at the bottom the screen, could be a little larger. It's very difficult to read. It may not have all the bells and whistles, some may want, but does all I need it to. I believe this unit was a great value at just under $100.
- piemen1178Aug 17, 2011by
Great Maps, Not so easy to use.
I bought this model because of the free map updates. I used to have a Magellan Roadmate 1200 which was extremely easy to use and worked well. The Magellan's information and menus were more useful to me. The Tom Tom is accurate and works well but it took me about a month of daily use to set all the features. The Tom Tom does not allow you to view points of interest details during your trip. You have to switch to a browse the map feature that does not work well. The windshield mount is difficult to use as the Tom Tom does not click tightly in easily. Prepare for some practice on technique. This is a good buy for the free map updates. The display is excellent. I like that it tells you what lane to be in when approaching exits.
- naamao123Aug 16, 2011by
i really enjoy this inspite of the 2 quirks.
i really like this GPS and the whole tom tom line i find it really easy to use and great at directing, the maps and guidance in this GPS are better than my tom tom one, it has a choice of qwerty key board, and has a nice big screen and obviously traffic. the down sides are that it doesn't have an automatic turn on like the Garmin's and also the traffic doesn't show up on screen but rather it tells you if there is a shorter route as you are driving so you don't know if it gives you a route because there is less traffic or just because that is the way it routes.
- cooga45Aug 16, 2011by
The TomTom XXL 540 is a solid navigation system.
All in all, it does what it is supposed to do. It also allows other users to give valuable information to the community, but there is an upside and sownside to that. The good: you will know when things have changed on your route (road closings, location changes, etc) The bad: you have to rely on others to update things like that to ensure you don't end up following a route to nothing or something that doesn't exist anymore. Another con, I was unable to downlaod the maps for life because of the space available on the device. Also, it takes too much to access your route in list form; a shortcut would helpful and safer. I like the big display, freedom in planning and setup preferences