Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $4.99+ Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by francescaanddons
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $2.99+ Shipping
- Good condition
- Sold by nuonovintage
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
People who bought this also bought
Fiction & Literature Books
About this product
- Synopsis#1 "NEW YORK TIMES" BESTSELLER It's summer in Memphis. The sweat is sticking to Rudy Baylor's shirt and creditors are nipping at his heels. Once he had aspirations of breezing through law school and punching his ticket to the good life. Now he doesn't have a job or a prayer--except for one: an insurance dispute that leaves a family devastated and opens the door for a lawsuit, if Rudy can find a way to file it. By the time Rudy gets to court, a heavyweight corporate defense team is there to meet him. And suddenly he's in over his head, plunged into a nightmare of lies and legal maneuverings. A case that started small is exploding into a thunderous million-dollar war of nerves, skill, and outright violence--a fight that could cost one young lawyer his life, or turn him into the biggest rainmaker in the land.,John Grisham's five novels -- A Time To Kill, The Firm, The Pelican Brief, The Client , and The Chamber -- have been number one best-sellers, and have a combined total of 47 million copies in print. Now, in The Rainmaker , Grisham returns to the courtroom for the first time since A Time To Kill , and weaves a riveting tale of legal intrigue and corporate greed. Combining suspense, narrative momentum, and humor as only John Grisham can, this is another spellbinding read from the most popular author of our time. Grisham's sixth spellbinding novel of legal intrigue and corporate greed displays all of the intricate plotting, fast-paced action, humor, and suspense that have made him the most popular author of our time. In his first courtroom thriller since A Time To Kill , John Grisham tells the story of a young man barely out of law school who finds himself taking on one of the most powerful, corrupt, and ruthless companies in America -- and exposing a complex, multibillion-dollar insurance scam. In hs final semester of law school Rudy Baylor is required to provide free legal advice to a group of senior citizens, and it is there that he meets his first "clients," Dot and Buddy Black. Their son, Donny Ray, is dying of leukemia, and their insurance company has flatly refused to pay for his medical treatments. While Rudy is at first skeptical, he soon realizes that the Blacks really have been shockingly mistreated by the huge company, and that he just may have stumbled upon one of the largest insurance frauds anyone's ever seen -- and one of the most lucrative and important cases in the history of civil litigation. The problem is, Rudy's flat broke, has no job, hasn't even passed the bar, and is about to go head-to-head with one of the best defense attorneys -- and powerful industries -- in America.
- AuthorJohn Grisham
- Number Of Pages448 pages
- Publication Date1995-04-01
- PublisherKnopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Publication Year1995
- Copyright Date1995
- Weight26.1 Oz
- Height1.4 In.
- Width6.2 In.
- Length9.4 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3557.R5355R35 1995
- Dewey Decimal813.5/4
- Dewey Edition21
- Reviews"Great fun to read...The complex plotting is Grisham's major accomplishment." --Los Angeles Times "A taut and terrific page-turner." --Entertainment Weekly
Most relevant reviews
- melba1939May 24, 2016by
Like nwew condition
I have not had the pleasure of reading this book yet.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- lancastergatew2Oct 31, 2012by
The Rainmaker, 1995, John Grisham
A rookie lawyer just out of law school, barely received his law license, takes on a huge multi-million dollar Insurance corporation, suing them for wrongdoing. Rainmaker, 1995, by Grisham, is a novel that you cannot afford to miss. Although just a fiction, but in reality it could happen to anyone who is ignorant of his/her rights. Plenty of truth in this novel. And the way JG delivered it makes it even more interesting. A superb work, a page-turner, a magnificent plot, which makes him a storyteller of first grade.
- dziajNov 15, 2009by
John Grisham is one of my favorite authors is the reason I purchased this book. This book in particular is about the struggles of a senior citizen couple with a son who has leukemia and their insurance company that is refusing to cover what is needed to help him. Once you read one of John's books, you will be back for more.
- 81713165@delete...Aug 07, 2006by
Good Writting, great story telling. A Must read Book!
I bought the book because the price was affordable and it was sent to my door, which i find very practical as i live far from any major towns. I also bought the book because I really enjoy the writer's stories and this one was no different. It was a very good story, well written. It's recommended reading.
- 39206375@delete...Nov 08, 2006by
I enjoyed Grisham's featured character going to law school in Memphis, graduating, and then passing the bar several months later. Most enjoyable placing yourself in his real life senario's. The character did everything expected of him starting out, ending up having a plantiff suing a big insurance company for wrongful claim handlings. The book was very enjoyable!
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Fiction & Literature
Save on Fiction & Literature
- $7.64Trending at $7.76
- $13.99Trending at $15.22
- $13.95Trending at $15.65
- $14.47Trending at $23.41
- $8.89Trending at $9.49
- $12.95Trending at $14.09
- $7.07Trending at $8.35