Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $58.45Trending at $66.11
- $57.25Trending at $76.64
- $35.99Trending at $40.88
- $28.50Trending at $32.99
- $16.99Trending at $24.89
- $61.99Trending at $82.49
- $39.99Trending at $43.69
About this product
- Product InformationStephen Norrington's THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN begins in 1899 London where, due to some cataclysmic events in England and Germany, the world is on the brink of war. Mycroft Holmes (Richard Roxburgh) is sent by the British government to round up various figures from Victorian-era literature in an attempt to find some solution. First on the list is explorer Allan Quatermain (Sean Connery), quickly installed as leader of the ramshackle outfit. Among the plethora of mythical figures joining Quatermain are The Invisible Man, Captain Nemo, Jekyll and Hyde, Dorian Gray, and many others. Initially the League are sent to Prague to prevent a series of bombs from exploding, causing some spectacular set pieces as the merry band of rogues use all their special skills to fend off the evil forces. This is only the start of their journey however, and there are plenty of surprises for these courageous battlers, not least when they discover who is really behind all the chaos they have tried so hard to control. Working with material from comic book veteran Alan Moore (who also penned FROM HELL), director Norrington (BLADE) draws on some interesting traits and legends from his characters, such as Dorian Gray's painting and Dr. Jekyll's potion. Making sure each member is far from infallible, Norrington paints a sympathetic portrait of flawed heroes battling against the odds, with some spectacular action sequences, and humorous asides.
- GameThe League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- ESRB RatingPG-13
- GenreAction,Action, Adventure
- Release Year2005
Most relevant reviews
- 595352098@delet...Mar 09, 2009by
Iten in great condition. Entertaining, my boy loved it!
It is an excellent entertainment movie, easy to carry anywhere we go. pretty small I can take it in my wallet if needed. Sean Connary is perfect as always.
- mikescollectibl...May 07, 2009by
The League was a great psp movie!
For the psp, I thought this was one of the better movies! Great action and graphics. The plot was kind of lame but the action and graphics made up for it. I hope they will eventually make more of these! Sort of like the X-Men movies. Good movie, worth buying!
- mizael1Dec 13, 2007by
I personally love this movie. Great energy, imagination and it's great for young teenagers and up. Sean Connery again masters the scenes with his leading role as he goes out looking to help extraordinary people come and work together as a team. From the beginning the action begins and keeps you on the edge of your seat as you see good trianph over evil.
- dianaluceJun 15, 2009by
I seen this movie many times, and now I can finally take it with me on the road. The best thing they ever did for PSP. if you haven't see this movie, check it out today!