CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionTen years have passed on Tines World, where Ravna Bergnsdot and a number of human Children ended up after a disaster that nearly obliterated humankind throughout the galaxy. Ravna and the pack animals for which the planet is named have survived a war, and Ravna has saved more than one hundred Children who were in cold-sleep aboard the vessel.
- Author BiographyVernor Vinge has won five Hugo Awards, including one for each of his last three novels, A Fire Upon the Deep (1992), A Deepness in the Sky (1999), and Rainbow's End (2006). Known for his rigorous hard-science approach to his science fiction, he became an iconic figure among cybernetic scientists with the publication in 1981 of his novella True Names, which is considered a seminal, visionary work of Internet fiction. His many books also include Marooned in Realtime and The Peace War.Born in Waukesha, Wisconsin and raised in Central Michigan, Vinge is the son of geographers. Fascinated by science and particularly computers from an early age, he has a Ph.D. in computer science, and taught mathematics and computer science at San Diego State University for thirty years. He has gained a great deal of attention both here and abroad for his theory of the coming machine intelligence Singularity. Sought widely as a speaker to both business and scientific groups, he lives in San Diego, California.
- Author(s)Vernor Vinge
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- GenreScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Out-of-print date19/01/2017
- Weight249 g
- Width160 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.