Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $7.99+ $2.85 Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by kbartley
- See details for delivery est.
- $7.99Free shipping
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by jl_overstock_llc
- Est. delivery by Oct 3
Consider these sponsored items
- $56.48Free shipping
- $12.69Free shipping
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Video Game Consoles
Video Game Controllers & Attachments
About this product
- Product InformationSplit/Second is a sports car racing game with realistic automobile models, arcade-style action, and destructible environments engineered for massive man-made disaster. Players become contestants in a fictional reality television show that takes speed and violence to new extremes. Races are run in urban and industrial areas constructed especially for the TV show, where buildings, towers, bridges, and other structures are rigged with high-powered explosives. As competitors race around the track, they each gradually fill up a "Powerplay" meter. When full, this meter enables the racer to set off one of the explosive charges. The Powerplay meter fills more quickly as the player performs tricky jumps or squeezes through tight spaces, so precision driving is at a premium, despite the chaotic nature of the courses. The destruction of structures also calls for finesse, as it's in the racer's best interest to use timing and tactics to cause as much obstruction and damage to opponents as possible. <br><br>As racers speed around the track, the game's interface highlights structures ahead that could be triggered for destruction, as well as the cars that would probably be affected if they fell. In many places, destroying a building opens up a new shortcut as it blocks the old road. Mastering the driving skills to keep on a controlled line around each track is the key to victory, but players also need quick "split-second" reaction times when another racer unleashes a destructive blast that alters the entire course in front of them. In addition to destroying buildings that tumble across the track, some courses offer racers the opportunity to trigger more unusual disasters, such as a jumbo jet that can be called down to crash-land in the middle of the roadway. Split/Second was created by veteran racing game designers at Black Rock Studio, formerly a part of the Climax Group and developer of games in the MotoGP and ATV series.
- PlatformSony PlayStation 3
- ESRB RatingE10+ - Everyone 10+
- ESRB DescriptorViolence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1-8
- Release Year2010
- Game Special Features<li>Compete for fame and fortune in the world's most dangerous auto races<br/><br/><li>Keep control through tight turns and tricky jumps to fill your "Powerplay" meter<br/><br/><li>Use your full Powerplay meter to trigger huge explosions that tear up the racecourse<br/><br/><li>Unleash massive destruction with perfect timing and leave the competition in the dust<br/><br/><li>High-def racing from the creators of hit games in the MotoGP and ATV series<br/><br/>
Most relevant reviews
- garc063May 02, 2015by
Great game, even though its part of Disney
Its a awesome racing game which is a little different from others in the same category. The cool part of this game is racing and action plays. This game does not have the following nitrous, speedometer, E-brake button, but I never get tired of playing it. Overall I do like and hope to see more racing games similar to this.
- robinsonv33Jul 27, 2011by
Best Racing Game So Far
Split/Second has the most impressive destruction and explosions yet seen in a racing game. Forget Burnout and Motorstorm; from passenger jets exploding across a tarmac as you race under a wing, to detonating power plant cooling towers, to collapsing train tracks, Split/Second assaults your eyes as soon as you're off the starting line. There's so much going on during races that it's often difficult to navigate the game's courses, though the designers usually do a pretty good job of marking turns and plastering visual cues around the track.
- bryanpatri-iux8...Feb 07, 2015by
You will not be disappointed, Under the radar classic, servers still up!!!!
Outstanding game! Seriously better than anything you'll find on PS4. Super intense, great graphics, sound, and presentation. Top notch. Well worth it to buy and add to your collection. R.I.P. BlackRock Studios
- superman_hhhJul 22, 2014by
Great game! No other can compare!
Great game, great price. One of the best driving games ever. No other game can compare. The style of the game, I just love it! This is a must own/must play for any PS3 owners!
- ultramuzzJul 15, 2013by
Crazy insane fun! Total adrenaline rush! A+
Really fun! A total adrenaline rush from beginning to end. Always find more reasons to go back and play more. Triggering explosions is a lot more fun during a race than you'd expect. If you like driving games this is worth picking up. Good physics and fun drifting throughout the game. Enjoy it!!
Best Selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- $39.99Trending at $46.99
- $32.75Trending at $40.74
- $49.98Trending at $54.76
- $44.99Trending at $49.88
- $12.98Trending at $15.99
- $15.87Trending at $18.98
- $18.49Trending at $28.00