People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Video Game Consoles
Save on Video Game Consoles
- $375.00Trending at $394.99
- $395.00Trending at $399.96
- $219.99Trending at $229.99
- $234.49Trending at $264.47
- $248.99Trending at $269.98
- $155.00Trending at $187.75
- $16.55Trending at $19.99
About this product
- Product DescriptionSony's premiere handheld system, the Sony PlayStation Vita features a 5-inch, multi-touch screen, which makes for easy game interaction and increased visibility. Boasting an OLED display with a resolution of 960 x 544 pixels, the Sony PlayStation Vita offers a maximum of mobility. Internally, this Sony video game system is powered by a ARM cortex CPU, with an A9 quad-core processor. This handheld video game system weighs just over half a pound, making for easy carry. Countless engaging games were created for this Sony video game system, including Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, and the very popular Lego series, including Lego Batman and Lego Harry Potter. Additionally, this Sony video game system also has Wi-Fi capability and is equipped for transferring data over 3G networks. With wireless technology, a user-friendly touchscreen and a wide and varied game library, the Sony PlayStation Vita is a fun, easy-to-use handheld video game system.
- Product NameSony PlayStation Vita
- Product LineSony PlayStation
- TypeHandheld System
- Console ColorBlack
- Release Date2/22/2012
- Device Input SupportTouch-Screen
- EditionLaunch Bundle
- Audio Output SupportStereo
Power & Battery
- Power Source TypesPower Supply - internal
- Height0.73 in.
- Weight0.62 lb
- Width7.17 in.
- Depth3.29 in.
- Display TypeOLED display
- Display Size5 in.
- Display Resolution960 x 544
- Region CodeRegion-Free
- CPUARM Cortex - A9 core (4 core)
- Memory Capacity128MB
- Input FeaturesMulti touch pad (capacitive type)
- Country RegionUnited States
Most relevant reviews
- money2yuanMar 20, 2013by
A few hours since delivery... I'm impressed. Just about everything about the PSV: display, controls, features, the games - top of the line. This is a gaming machine that shouts "quality" and, after the first few hours of playing Uncharted and a couple of small games off the PSN, I can say that I've had the best portable gaming experience ever - we currently have a PSP and a DSi in the house plus a couple of tablets and smart phones. Briefly - and I will update my review as I experience more of the PSV - these are my findings so far. HARDWARE AND FEATURES I'm not going to get into details because Amazon's page has it all. Yes, it's quad-core this, and super-high-rez display that but what counts is that it translates into a super-smooth gaming experience with a bunch of non-gaming capabilities on top. I'm surprised how immersive playing a game on such a small screen with such tiny speakers can be. And it is so for a couple of reasons. - the sharpest, best looking display I've seen on a portable - the dual analog sticks make all the difference - Sony learned from past mistakes - the back touch panel are something that it's better to experience because it's the one clear innovation on this machine and it won't give you headaches (sorry Nintendo :) ) - games can be either downloaded or purchased and shared on physical media - like I said, Sony is learning from past mistakes (sorry PSP Go) - seamless integration with the PS3 and the Playstation Network - a bunch of great multimedia apps including Netflix - I'll have more to say about these after I stop playing Uncharted :) - cameras - more later but I heard that some games allow you to build characters that look just like you THE GAMING EXPERIENCE Anyone who has a PS3 or a PSP should feel very familiar with the PSV. All the PS3 controls are there although some of the buttons are smaller. Add to that the 'touch' capabilities on both front and back with support for gestures and the gaming possibilities are almost endless. Because of its high resolution, there can be a lot happening at the same time on the PSV's screen and, don't forget, you can also feel the action while playing. I don't feel like doing comparisons at this time but anyone who claims that the PSV is no big deal because we can play games on our phones should experience the PSV and then consider revising their statements. Vita can easily play any one-dollar game that a phone can play and I'm sure we'll get a couple of those and Vita can do just about everything a smart phone or tablet can do and most of the time do it better, but no phone or tablet can play Uncharted and no 'next generation' phone or tablet is likely to be able to play Uncharted or Little Big Planet. And, let's not forget that the Vita costs a less than most smart phones. EVERYTHING ELSE I haven't had time to explore all of Vita's features yet but, they're all in there. Multimedia, wireless connectivity, music playback... it's all in there. Add to that one of the best laid out, intuitive and responsive user interfaces and even non gamers should be happy to have a Vita around. WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE A couple of things. The most annoying is, of course, the hyper-overpriced memory card. You can't play 'big games' without one and Sony decided to make lots of money on this proprietary 'must have' add-on which is anything but optional. Then there's of course Sony not making the Passport program available in the US. We have a PSP and lots of games on UMDs. Not bei Read full review
- vicman1116May 08, 2013by
If you got the money a good system overall.
Pros: Very good device. Good graphics, good sound, nice touch screen, good battery life.Unlocked 3G flexibility. Cons: Memory and games are expensive. If you got the money a good system overall.
- halfadozendonut...Sep 22, 2013by
Great system made better with PS+
The system is good but brought down a bit with some anticipated flaws. The battery life is a serious issue clocking in at only a few hours of game time, but this isn't surprising given how solid the hardware and screen are. Games are beautiful for a handheld (even in general) and having had ps+ already for PS3 gave me access to a solid games library right out of the gate.
- mikkigroffApr 04, 2013by
I bought this to use as a reward for some of the kids on my bus. They love this!!!! I have tried some of the games. They are easy to play and engaging. I dislike that it does not come with a better manual the online one stinks ! very hard to find information on.
- gdealsupMay 01, 2013by
Excellent Game console
Excellent purchase. Ease of use. Very interesting and entertaining. I love this product. Will definitely buy again from this seller in the future.