All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesCapture and transfer video images quickly and easily with Sony's DCR-HC46 MiniDV Handycam Camcorder. Its professional quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens captures brilliant images with life-like color and tones while the Advanced HAD CCD imager provides stunning detail and clarity. The Progressive Shutter System supplies digital still images with excellent definition and sharpness. The DCR-HC46 makes transferring data a cinch via the included Handycam Station docking device. Now you can easily connect to television for viewing and to a USB-compatible PC for editing and sharing digital images and video. Memory Stick Duo media compatibility makes it simple for you to take your images with you wherever you go.
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom12X
- Digital Zoom800X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Resolution1.0 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight13.53 Oz.
- Sensor TypeAdvanced HAD CCD
- Sensor Size1/5.5"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range3mm - 36mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size25 mm
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Lens ManufacturerCarl Zeiss
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Illumination7 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/4 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
Memory / Storage
- Recording SpeedLP,SP
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick,Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Viewfinder TypeElectronic
- Depth4.45 in.
- Height3.11 in.
- Width2.56 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick Duo
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMS Windows 2000,MS Windows ME,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerSony NP-FP50
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Still Resolution1.0 MP
- Effective Video Resolution0.7 MP
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional FeaturesColor Viewfinder,Still Shot Capability,Touch-Screen
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- rogersnfamDec 22, 2014by
Affordable, Functional, Wonderful Product
Top Notch Product! Camera has excellent picture and sound quality. It offers excellent playback with a very functional touch screen. It is small enough to be portable, yet still large enough to fit in my hand without incident. Excellent, couldn't be happier.
- mxthanorssen73Aug 22, 2013by
Brilliant high quality model + multiple components!! The best of its kind!!
This is the second time that I own this very particular Sony Handycam model, and I have to say it is, yet again, an excellent and very satisfying experience, as always, using the amazing Sony Handycam DCR-HC46 Camcorder. There are multiple features that are available with this camcorder, which you don't get in other handycam models and brands, including the magnificent multi-channel input docking station, that also acts as a battery charger, and a whopping magnificent 800x zoom in the lens! This Sony Handycam is perfect for outdoor videotaping and documentation, as it captures gorgeous high level detailed full color picture quality during daylight scenes. You can never run out of things to do with the Sony Handycam DCR-HC46 Camcorder, particularly for any low budget or recreational shooting. I cannot get enough of the Sony Handycam DCR-HC46 Camcorder. I love it so much, I am ready to buy another one. Better yet, I am going to get several more. Read full review
- juliebob2010May 22, 2010by
sony handycam dcr-hc46
I presently own a sony handcam dcr-hc46 and there comes a point in time if you are a serious photographer, a backup of your equipment is vital where necessary.Iam a retired professional photographer but more often than not the simple consumer friendly camera when applied professionaly can achieve remarkable results. Specifically, when using the intervalometer.you can achieve beautiful time lapse results,whether it be sunrises, sunsets,the moon etc.Of course a little schooling in the fields of white balance and split neutal density filtration is in order...
- dblackartistJan 11, 2008by
Sony Handycam DCR HC46
I have HC36 and a HC96 and a HC46. This HC46 is ok, but I agree with the other review that without the handycam station, this camara is useless. Everything has to pluged into it to get anything out. It needs jacks on the camara, like my HC36 and others that I have used in the past have. This way no relience on the Handycam station to be luged around or lost, which in turn makes this camara useless. Also, the low light lux is 7 when the 36 and 96 is 5 so I find a little noise in low light. Other wise a good camara for me since I use it outside allot, so it works for me. OK camara.
- momma101010Jul 30, 2010by
we love it the item came in very good shape and works
it is a great addition to keeping our memories of uor family we will use it to show our grand daugther her early years
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $334.90Trending at $379.00
- $270.00Trending at $309.98
- $15.62Trending at $19.25
- $175.00Trending at $190.00
- $53.99Trending at $78.89
- $149.99Trending at $156.90
- $22.99Trending at $41.99