All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationSlim and stylish, the Sony DSC-P200 compact digital camera lets you capture all your special moments and cherish them over and over again. With 3x optical zoom and 1/1.8-inch Sony Super HAD CCD sensor, this Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 MP camera not only brings the subject three times closer, but also shoots beautiful, clear photos. The Real-imaging processor in the Sony DSC-P200 lets you take smooth, detailed, and high-quality images. With a high ISO sensitivity, this compact digital camera captures clear photos even in low-light conditions. What's more, this Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 MP camera gives you amazing results with multiple scene modes such as twilight, beach, portrait, snow, fireworks, and candle. Thanks to the 2-inch color LCD display on this Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 MP camera, you can easily view photos, read menu, and compose shots. All things considered, this camera aims to be a perfect travel companion.
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom3x
- Digital Zoom2x
- Sensor Resolution7.2 MP
- Screen Size2"
- Sensor Size1/1.8"
- Sensor TypeSuper HAD CCD
- Macro Focus Range6-50cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera38 - 114mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Bulb,Manual,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max400
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.2 m - 3.5 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick,Memory Stick PRO
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeReal-image zoom
- Depth1.1 in.
- Height2.03 in.
- Width4.09 in.
- Weight5.08 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2" - color
- Display Size2"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in
- Connector Types1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output,DC power input
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick PRO
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 9.1,Apple Mac OS 9.2,Apple Mac OS X 10.0,Apple Mac OS X 10.1,Apple Mac OS X 10.2,Apple Mac OS X 10.3,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 98,MS Windows 98 SE,MS Windows ME,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatMPEG VX
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution640 x 480
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAudio Recording,Auto Power Save,Built-In Speaker,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Noise Reduction,Direct Print,Histogram Display,PRINT Image Matching,PictBridge Support,Resizing an Image,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsBeach/snow,Candle,Fireworks,Hi-speed shutter,Landscape,Soft snap,Twilight mode,Twilight portrait
- Special EffectsBlack & White,Contrast compensation,Saturation,Sepia
- Continuous Shooting Speed1.1 frames per second
- Exterior ColorSilver
Most relevant reviews
- leonhardt.usaMar 19, 2017by
Still working great after 12 years
I purchased my camera in 2005 when it was state of the art. I baby this camera, and it hasn't let me down. I still use the original Styrofoam sleeve, as extra protection from dust, to store the camera inside my camera case. One reviewer stated that the access door is cheap plastic; I agree with this assessment. The charger-door hinge is rather flimsy, so I'm always very careful with it so that it doesn't break. I did drop my camera at some point, and the impact dinged the charger-door so that it doesn't completely close. It's the only damage, so I can't complain too much. Due to the plastic of the access door, I give this camera four stars. In all other respects, it's a five-star camera.
Verified purchase: No
- henniganrJan 04, 2016by
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P200
This is the fifth one of these cameras I have owned. I paid over $400 for one as a faculty adviser of the yearbook at a school. It took better pictures than most of the other cameras we owned. It became the go to camera for quick pictures at events. Other than sporting events, it was our best camera. When I left that position I bought one for myself. I loved that camera and it last me for over 10,000 pictures of all kinds. It just did not last to all the drops that came from its use by my children. I bought them one after this one died due to their abuse. The third one still takes great pictures. I bought two of these cameras recently from Ebay. One to keep in my truck for quicky snapshots and one for my wife to keep in her car for the same. So, we now have three Cyber-Shots that we love. I hope when one of these gets too abused to stand up to my children that I can find another. I own a Nikon D7100 that I love and take great pictures with, but I don't carry it in my truck, so it doesn't take near the quantity of pictures the Cyber-Shot does. Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- kevinvkernMay 19, 2016by
Love the view window. New cameras dont have it anymore. Cant see the screen in the sun so it is a definite plus.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- 882cce73b3a4bdc...Feb 22, 2013by
Excellent value in a small camera which takes quality pictures.
This is a wonderful little camera that is easy to use and more than adequate for everday picture taking. Be aware of the one problem that has happened with this camera is that the lens extends to full zoom when the camera is powered on which eliminates the zoom feature and prevents good closeups. Be sure to verify with the seller that this problem is not present.
- vanseaDec 27, 2011by
Great Little Camera but a lousy, cheap, plastic access door that breaks!
Great all around point and shoot digital camera for still shots and video bursts with sound. Love, love, love this camera. Lightweight and small enough size to fit inside a pocket or small purse. Friends with much larger cameras fully equiped with extra lenses marvel at the photo quality of my little point and shoot Sony. They miss many good shots because it is too much work to lug a heavy camera around. The only complaint I have is that the access door to get to the battery, SD memory stick, and charging port is made of plastic and easily fatigues and then breaks! This is a major disappointment.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $1,207.93Trending at $1,399.00
- $2,999.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $1,149.00Trending at $1,217.47
- $5,249.99Trending at $5,999.00
- $2,218.99Trending at $2,496.95
- $546.61Trending at $569.95
- $75.00Trending at $119.99