All listings for this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $3,015.00Trending at $3,053.88
- $2,369.99Trending at $2,698.00
- $2,629.95Trending at $2,899.00
- $549.99Trending at $648.00
- $793.99Trending at $996.95
- $2,164.83Trending at $2,320.79
- $545.00Trending at $559.95
About this product
- Product InformationSporting extremely easy-to-use controls, the Sony DSC-HX5V DSLR camera is perfect for capturing vast landscapes and crowds. With a 10x optical zoom, this Sony Cyber-Shot 10.2 MP camera brings distant objects 10 times closer without losing on sharpness. The 3-inch LCD display on this Sony Cyber-Shot 10.2 MP camera makes it easy to view photos, read menu, and compose shots. This DSLR camera, with the intelligent scene recognition, optimally adjusts the settings to deliver the best possible results in any shooting condition. The Optical SteadyShot image stabilization in the Sony DSC-HX5V counters handshakes to rule out image blurs. All things considered, this camera aims to be a perfect travel companion.
- Camera TypeCompact
- Optical Zoom10x
- Digital Zoom2x
- Sensor Resolution10.2MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/2.4"
- Sensor TypeExmor R CMOS
- Macro Focus Range5cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera25 - 250mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/1600 sec
- Min Shutter Speed2 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Programme,manual
- Light SensitivityISO 125,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypeBuilt-in Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.05 m - 7.6 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in mode,flash OFF mode,red-eye reduction,slow synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size45 MB
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick PRO Duo Mark2,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth2.89 cm
- Height5.77 cm
- Width10.29 cm
- Weight170 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - colour
- Display Size3"
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x component video output,1 x composite video/audio output
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick PRO Duo,1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 9.1,Apple Mac OS 9.2,Apple Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.6,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 7,MS Windows XP
- Battery Description1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( included )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD,MPEG-4
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Features1080p HD Video Recording,Audio Recording,Auto HDR mode,Auto Power Save,Blink Detection Technology,Built-in GPS,Built-in Speaker,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Noise Reduction,Direct Print,Face Detection,Histogram Display,In-camera Red-eye Fix,Motion Detection Technology,PRINT Image Matching,PictBridge Support,Progressive Scan CCD System,Self Portrait Auto Shutter,Smile Detection technology,Sweep Panorama technology,TransferJet support,USB 2.0 compatibility,automatic display brightness adjustment,built-in compass,cropping an image
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame movie mode
- Shooting ProgramsBacklight,Backlight portrait,Beach,Fireworks,Gourmet,Handheld twilight,High sensitivity,Landscape,Panorama assist,Portrait mode,Reducing blur,Snow,Soft snap,Sports mode,Twilight mode,Twilight portrait,Twilight using a tripod
- White BalanceAutomatic,Custom,presets
- Continuous Shooting Speed10 frames per second
- Video CaptureAVCHD - 1440 x 1080 - 60 fps,AVCHD - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps,MPEG-4 - 1280 x 720 - 30 fps,MPEG-4 - 1440 x 1080 - 30 fps,MPEG-4 - 640 x 480 - 30 fps
Most relevant reviews
- mark240274Jul 02, 2012by
An easy to use, well made camera, that produces great results
I bought this camera as i wanted something compact but with the added flexibility of having a zoom lens. Picture quality was also important, but didn't think i needed more than 10 million pixels. This is a great camera which is more compact than the latest cybershot models where the right hand grip 'sticks out'. On this model the body is ergonomically contoured so there are no chunky protrusions. In this respect I think Sony made a backward step on the new models. Image and picture quality are fantasic and it is really easy to use.
- maciek83Aug 10, 2011by
Absolutely amazing camera.
I bought it to do some nice shots and make some movies on my holiday. I was looking for something small and good. That was a good choice. I'm absolutely satisfied with this camera. I think I couldn't get anything better for this value and the quality of pictures and movies are really good. The reaction of the camera is very quick and zoom is fantastic.I'd like to recommend this sony hx5v camera for everyone who's lokking for pocket size camera to take it off and take a quick shot.
- haymackenzieSep 05, 2011by
Great midrange compact at a great price.
This is a great little camera with all the features you could possibly need (as well as some you probably won't). Very easy to use and the picture quality is excellent. Shame it doesn't come with a carrying case.
- kotyukvDec 04, 2012by
Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V is great
I*ve bought Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V 10.2 MP Digital Camera because I saw this one to be the №1 camera in the ratings of 2010 or 2011 year (don*t remember exactly). + HD video + stereo + rather big matrix. It is really good indeed.
- neecarl.2008Apr 09, 2012by
Great picture quality
Just an amazing fast shoot ability and with quality for such a small camera, Full HD moves, Zoom is very good, Colors are good