Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,218.99Trending at $2,496.95
- $584.95Trending at $599.95
- $1,207.93Trending at $1,399.00
- $3,054.00Trending at $3,299.00
- $1,149.00Trending at $1,307.55
- $1,599.99Trending at $1,796.95
- $1,369.00Trending at $1,468.07
About this product
- Product InformationSporting extremely easy-to-use controls, the Sony DSC-HX5V DSLR camera is perfect for capturing vast landscapes and crowds. With a 10x optical zoom, this Sony Cyber-shot 10.2 MP camera brings distant objects 10 times closer without losing on sharpness. The 3-inch LCD display on this Sony Cyber-shot 10.2 MP camera makes it easy to view photos, read menu, and compose shots. This DSLR camera, with the intelligent scene recognition, optimally adjusts the settings to deliver the best possible results in any shooting condition. The Optical SteadyShot image stabilization in the Sony DSC-HX5V counters handshakes to rule out image blurs. All things considered, this camera aims to be a perfect travel companion.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>Great low-light shots without a flash</strong><br />Sometimes a flash can wash out the scene, making it hard to capture the mood of the moment. For low-light environments, the back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor delivers stunning performance and increases sensitivity by 2x to reduce noise. Shots around the campfire never looked better.</li><li><strong>Panoramic shots made easy</strong><br />Sweep panorama mode goes far beyond traditional wide angle lenses to let you capture expansive, breathtaking shots of landscapes or skyscrapers. Just press the shutter and shoot the scene with a sweeping motion and the camera does the rest. It even detects faces and moving subjects to avoid distortion.</li><li><strong>Goodbye blurry photos</strong><br />Don't let a not-so-steady hand prevent you from capturing the perfect moment. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur - without sacrificing image quality.</li><li><strong>Top-of-the-line lens</strong><br />It all starts with the lens. Designed and manufactured to the highest standards of optical performance, the Sony G-Lens is optimized to perfectly complement the advanced image sensors and image processing technology in Sony's cameras. G lenses are also used in high-end digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras and advanced pro-sumer HD camcorders.</li><li><strong>Sony G takes 10 photos in one second</strong><br />Capture decisive moments - like the ball hitting the bat - with the ability to shoot 10 images in one second at full 10.2-megapixel resolution. And by employing a mechanical shutter, distortion is reduced when continuously shooting moving subjects. This feature is ideal for capturing a unique sequence of images.</li><li><strong>Map your memories</strong><br />An integrated GPS receiver and compass record the location and direction of every shot you take. So now you can enjoy a map view of your shots on a compatible PC with an Internet connection.</li></ul>
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom10x
- Digital Zoom2x
- Sensor Resolution10.2 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor Size1/2.4"
- Sensor TypeExmor R CMOS
- Macro Focus Range5cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera25 - 250mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/1600 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Manual,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 125,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.05 m - 7.6 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Auto Flash,Flash Off,Forced On,Slow Sync
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size45MB
- Supported Flash MemoryBuilt-in,Memory Stick DUO PRO,Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo High Speed,Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeDigital,None
- Depth1.14 in.
- Height2.27 in.
- Width4.05 in.
- Weight6 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x USB,1 x component video output,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick PRO Duo,1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS 9.1,Apple Mac OS 9.2,Apple Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.6,Apple Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP,Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional,Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition,Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD,MPEG-4
- Still Image FormatJPEG,Raw Image
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAV Output,HDMI,USB
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsAdvanced sports,Back light,Backlight portrait,Beach,Fireworks,Gourmet,Handheld twilight,High sensitivity,Landscape,Panorama assist,Pet,Portrait mode,Reducing blur,Snow,Soft snap,Sports mode,Twilight mode,Twilight portrait,Twilight using a tripod
- Special EffectsCross filter,Fisheye,Partial color,Radial blur,Retro,Soft Focus,Unsharp masking
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Incandescent (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed10 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- buzz74Jul 12, 2016by
This is a very good camera, like new condition and a very good buy!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- hattah13Apr 06, 2015by
Great camera with good features & takes realgood pictures at a great price!
This is a great camera and is my second time to purchase one. Would recommend it to others. I bought this camera to replace another one we owned. It takes great pictures and has a good number of features. It was a gift to my wife and she loves it.
- johnjhegedus111...Jul 07, 2015by
Wonderful Sony Camera, Great Quality and Simple to operate
I had such a wonderful experience with this Camera. It works very well and has never let me down. Took a lot of wonderful pictures when we went on our Vacation to Maine. Every photo was a joy to see. Most of these phots are in my computer being shown as screensavers.
- icupkngtr34Sep 08, 2011by
Picture quality is awesome and very user friendly!!
I bought this after my Olympus drowned in the lake.I have owned a couple Kodak's and a Canon.I bought this HX5V Cybershot specifically for the 10xzoom and the panorama sweep features.My Kodak I also bought because of same reasons but,the zoom was a little better the panorama was ok.Every camera I've owned has had there own little feature I liked about it.So there is no real"favorite"...I was skeptical about Sony but,after days of reading reviews etc.I'm glad I tried them out!!!..What I love the most is the quality/clarity of the pictures!!Also very good pictures with night/shade/dark lights!!!You can take a picture of something and try all the different features and pretty much get a different shade/color picture in all!! ...I would give this 5 stars but,the only down fall for me is the size/weight.Still small and fits in your pocket but,i prefer a thinner and lighter camera...Overall happy with this camera!! Read full review
- santyadJan 04, 2017by
When I bought the camera I thought it would be scratched but it was in prestine condition. Just what I was looking for.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned