All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,229.99Trending at $2,796.95
- $3,115.00Trending at $3,499.00
- $1,659.00Trending at $1,685.00
- $774.90Trending at $996.95
- $439.99Trending at $460.47
- $569.95Trending at $649.00
- $439.99Trending at $549.00
About this product
- Product InformationRecord or capture all your special moments with the Sony NEX-5N camera. The 16.1 million effective pixels, along with CMOS sensor, in this Sony digital camera deliver lively outputs. The 1080 pixel video capture of this Sony camera records high-definition movies in AVCHD format. You can access interesting features with just a touch of your fingertip on the screen of this Sony digital camera. The lens aberration correction feature in this Sony camera ensures error-free image grab quality. The Magnesium alloy body construct of the Sony NEX-5N camera ensures maximum durability.
- Camera TypeMirrorless Interchangeable Lens
- Optical Zoom3x
- Sensor Resolution16.1 MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens For SDE OSS 18-55mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 55mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus
- Light Sensitivity Max100
- Flash TypeBuilt-In
- Camera Flash FeaturesAuto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash Off,Rear Sync Flash,Slow Sync
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick DUO PRO,Memory Stick PRO Duo,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX,SD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Depth1.5 in.
- Height2.31 in.
- Width4.36 in.
- Weight7.4 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display Size3"
- Microphone TypeWith Built-in Microphone
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10,Microsoft Windows 7,Microsoft Windows Vista,Microsoft Windows XP
- Digital Video FormatHD (High Definition),MPEG-4
- Still Image FormatJPEG,Raw Image
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Additional FeaturesAutofocus,Interchangeable Lenses,USB
- White BalanceAuto,Cloudy (Preset),Colour Temperature Adjust,Daylight / Sunny (Preset),Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Incandescent (Preset),Shade (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed10 frames per second
- Exterior ColorSilver
Most relevant reviews
- hal48000zgdJul 24, 2016by
A real surprise
When I bought this camera I was hopping for something that would take some good photos for an amateur but what I got was a camera that took excellent photos. The camera was very user friendly and made an amateur look pretty good. The lens and screen display are very good easy to view and adjust.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- crockett1966Jun 04, 2013by
A great, small DSLR. Definitely worth the investment.
I knew I had outgrown the "point and shoot" cameras, but I also did not want a full size/full blown/heavy DSLR. This camera is great. Its everything I wanted in a DSLR, but in a smaller package. The main things I wanted my new camera to be able to do was; 1. Take great sports pictures with little to no blur. 2. Multiple shots per second. 3. Panaramic pictures. 4. I wanted a camera that worked via a remote control (NOT just a timer) The Sony NEX excels at all of the features I wanted, and I really enjoy being able to swap out lenses and filters.
- pstudioSep 11, 2016by
great little camera
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- the-design-guyMay 07, 2012by
A great camera! Room for improvements in accessories.
All in all, I like the camera very much and am glad I bought it. The quality of the photos is great. I'm especially impressed with the Hand-held twilight mode. I got an indoor picture in low light with almost no perceptible noise. Amazing. I've used some adapters and non-Sony lenses as well with excellent results. In fact I almost prefer using the external lenses with manual focus to shooting with the 18-55 auto focus. I have a few reservations with the camera. The rear display is not bright enough to work with in direct sunlight. I'm now thinking the EVF may be a required accessory for anything more than casual shooting. The external flash is kind of a drag and not something I want connected all the time. Although my intent is to get decent pictures without the flash as I really don't like the look of artificial flash (although I do miss having a fill flash, but that can be somewhat mitigated by using the HDR mode). Finally, I don't yet have a good way to use the 5n to control my external strobe units, although I'm working on a work around. Eventually, I'm sure someone will release a wireless strobe unit that fits in the accessory port. Once this happens, I will be glad to send my Canon Rebel SLR off to eBay land. The final thing I would love to see is a pancake-style lens with around a 28mm focal length. The NEX with the 18-55 is not quite pocketable, and the 16mm lens, while small enough, seems a bit too wide angle for walk-around use. Read full review
- psychedeliciousJun 24, 2012by
Tiny powerhouse really is the camera of the future. Best video mode ever.
I'm a pro and the NEX-5n is the first time my primary camera has not been a DSLR. Sony has created a very robust camera in the NEX-5n. It is capable of just about every photographic trick you could wish for... and I'd love to discuss that. However the 5n is an even more significant achievement for video enthusiasts - here's why... The NEX-5n is one of the first large-sensor cameras to completely unlock the video mode. This means you can dial in any setting you please, including really low shutter speeds. The creative potential is unlimited, with 1080/60p and 1080/24p video modes. The camera is capable of fast-focusing while recording, and can even focus-track moving subjects that you select on the touch-screen. Really amazing capability that until last year cost thousands of dollars to access, and not even at this quality. The quality of the video itself can only be described as 'perfect'. OK, so video is a hude deal, but so is the camera system. Thanks to Sony's foresight, there are alpha-series lens adapters, including a unit that has a translucent mirror, for phase-detect focusing with alpha lenses. This is a huge deal because it adds dozens of amazing lenses to the system, all of which can also be used for video. As for still photography... the camera is a dream to use. It is tiny, it is fast, it takes 'perfect' pictures 99.9% of the time - it's really on the photographer to frame the picture well, because the camera is going to capture exactly that, and do it well. 3D panoramas, HDR photos, handheld low-light, smile detect, it's all there in an impossibly tiny camera. Read full review