All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Lenses
Save on Lenses
- $173.00Trending at $174.95
- $1,289.00Trending at $1,598.00
- $108.47Trending at $109.95
- $699.99Trending at $938.39
- $531.80Trending at $696.95
- $1,667.00Trending at $1,726.18
- $209.85Trending at $396.95
About this product
- Product InformationIt can be used with wide variety of subjects and it is an ideal large aperture standard zoom lens for digital SLR cameras featuring APS-C size image sensor.This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 7.9" (20cm) throughout the entire zoom range. Maximum magnification of 1:2.3 enables close-up photography like a macro lens. The new lens design and multi layer lens coating reduce flare and ghosting, which is a common problem with digital cameras. A Special Low Dispersion (SLD) lens and two aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations and produce a high level of optical performance throughout the entire zoom range.This lens offers a large aperture of F2.8 at 17mm wide angle and yet it is compact, with an overall length of 82.5mm (3.2") and diameter 79mm (3.1"). It performs superbly even in relatively low light conditions indoors or at dusk.The lens design incorporates an inner focusing system, which ensures fast AF speed as well as prevents the front of the lens rotating, making it particularly suitable for use with circular polarizing filters and petal shaped lens hoods. This lens is also equipped with Zoom Lock Switch that eliminates "Zoom Creep" during transportation.
- Product LineSigma DC
- TypeMacro/Close Up,Wide Angle
- Focus TypeAuto & Manual
- Focal LengthZoom
- Focal Length (mm)17-70mm
- Additional Tech CharacteristicsDC
- Compatible BrandCanon
- Camera TechnologyDigital
- Weight16.05 oz
Most relevant reviews
- ada.fleuMar 20, 2017by
awesome buy, good savings
I was looking for a deal as always and ran into these guys who offered me one heck of a deal... thanks
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- edubrownJun 09, 2010by
A Top Macro Macro Lens!
The Sigma 70mm f2.8 DG EX macro is among the best 4 best macro lenses in the world: Canon 100mm f2.8L IS, Nikon 105mm f2.8 VR Micro and probably the sharpest one Sigma 150 f2.8 DG EX macro. Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG (special color corrected multi-coating and designed for any format APS or full-frame sensors) is absolutely sharp with great "bokeh" for macro shots and also portraits (sometimes too sharp for portraits). It fits very well in the APS cameras as a 100 or 112mm macro for that perfect distance in flowers & insects shots or as a super fast portrait lens. Fitted in a full-frame you'll get a great all purpose macro, landscape, portrait lens. I have had them all and I kept the 70mm and 150mm Sigmas. Since them I'm always ready for any kind of product, portrait and macro shooting. I'm a professional photographer based in NYC with 3 decades of experience. Read full review
- lsn4tsrDec 02, 2011by
Gets the job done for a great price. Requires skill to get good results.
Using on a Canon 60D Definitely best for use as a Macro lens. Bought it with intention of using it as cheap, multipurpose, fast glass. Works great in brilliant sunlight, not as sharp in low-light. It gets the job done and at an extremely reasonable price. Works wonderfully for up-close video! I wish I had put out extra money for sharper glass, though I'm not completely dissatisfied with this purchase as it does get the job done for portraits and general purpose.
- eluxurys2010Mar 11, 2011by
Super Sigma Lens
This is very sharp with great colors and contrast lens. Super bokeh. Little bit noisy and not fast but image quality simply superb starting from F2.8.
- johnbwuSep 21, 2011by
Great value for this zoom range
Using this lens with a Canon Rebel XT. Using it with a Canon 70-300mm lens. Great intermediate system balancing quality and price.